Star of Indiana 1993

overall star did more harm to DCI / drum corps than they did good (and their owner had done a ton of good in DCI prior)

I don’t want to see a Star alumni corps, you left DCI so stay gone

BTW Cowtown, there is lots-o-Star left in DCI to this very day so maybe you should quit watching it all together. Or only watch corps that do not have former Star members on staff.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Clean-up on isle 2....."

Brilliant.

Clue #1: If you are making a fool of yourself on a public forum over something that happened 15 years ago.....(a drum corps? Really?????) well, please do us all a favor and check yourself in to your local "facility". Couldn't your "efforts" be better spent towards some recognized/worthwhile cause?

World Hunger?

Global Warming?

Overpopulation?

Economic Injustice?

Human Rights?

We get it...you don't like Star. That's fine. It's not necessary that you do. Nobody needs you to do so. In fact, it's rather flattering that you have such a hatred for us. You know....when I marched in '92 and we got booed, I took it a bit personally at first, but it didn't take me (or anyone else) very long to get over it. It's cool.....we like you and all of the other haters. If it weren't for you, this thread wouldn't even exist. There is no arguing with you....you have taken facts and distorted them in order to further your own personal agenda. Do you have ANY idea how many corps would likely not even be in existence if it hadn't been for Bill Cook/Star? Wipe away about 6 top twelve groups and ask yourself again whether or not Star had a "positive" effect on DCI. (BTW, I hope you enjoyed "Spartacus".....hint) You are some of our most loyal "fans" - Long live martyrdom!

BTW...for the record, I don't believe that Black Gold Folded due to a downturn (then....clearly not now) in the oil industry, and it's also highly unlikely that the death of Paul Hindemith contributed to the demise of the Sky Ryders.

Edited by bullethead

Brilliant.

Why, thank you....thank you very much.

I think Isle 2 is where they shelve the tin foil.......

Clue BTW...for the record, I don't believe that Black Gold Folded due to a downturn (then....clearly not now) in the oil industry, and it's also highly unlikely that the death of Paul Hindemith contributed to the demise of the Sky Ryders.

Paul Hindemith IS the downfall of wind ensemble literature.....AND the Sky Ryders!!! And so is George Hopkins....AND Jim Mason! Hell, for that matter, so is Thom Hannum, Jim Prime, George Zingali, and Todd Ryan! F Them!!!! F them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Hindemith IS the downfall of wind ensemble literature.....AND the Sky Ryders!!! And so is George Hopkins....AND Jim Mason! Hell, for that matter, so is Thom Hannum, Jim Prime, George Zingali, and Todd Ryan! F Them!!!! F them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

= EPIC meltdown from Cadetsnare.....now look at what you've done.

BTW, can any more exclamation marks possibly be utilized in a single post? I'm on a mac, and apparently I need to get a wider screen. Let me guess, cowtown....your PC, right? heehee. Just keep feeding the legend.

Edited by bullethead

This is great. It's 2 am, I'm working the night shift laughing my ### off! Thank you.

For a thread that has been beaten to death previously, wow. Whatever your thoughts or gripes are, they had a major effect on drum corps in general. Weather or not they should have won is such a moot point now, isn't it?

Can a brother get a close around here? :tongue:

We get it...you don't like Star. That's fine. It's not necessary that you do. Nobody needs you to do so. In fact, it's rather flattering that you have such a hatred for us. You know....when I marched in '92 and we got booed, I took it a bit personally at first, but it didn't take me (or anyone else) very long to get over it.

1992 Star of Indiana should have won finals, with no problem. An absolutely phenomenal brass line and a visual program that was crisp,exposed and intense, designed to constantly highlight what was relevant at any given second. Cavaliers were sloppy finals night and brass had issues.

I miss Star of Indiana...thanks for some unreal shows.

Geoffrey