Announcer

His voice is iconic, without a doubt. He can have the job until death and beyond. That being said, has anyone noticed that he seems a bit more "growly" than he used to be? Perhaps that is just age, but I don't remember, most notably Phantorrrrrmmmmm Rrrrrrrrrregggggimenttttttrrrrrrr!!! always being quite so...snarly.

Always intense and forceful, but it does seem that maybe he has upped the drama factor just a bit in recent years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (IMO), that they should replace this throaty, terrible way he introduces the corps. It's really sickening.

Go PHANTOM !!!!!

God I hope not. in a world of too many sterile voices in announcing of any sort, he is a breath of fresh air, like Fran in DCA.

I think (IMO), that they should replace this throaty, terrible way he introduces the corps. It's really sickening.

Go PHANTOM !!!!!

No. Next opinion.

Wow. I was just thinking last night at the Quarterfinals broadcast how sad it would be when Brandt Crocker is no longer announcing for DCI. He's been around since the beginning, and I think we'll all feel like a little something is missing when it isn't his voice we hear before each corps' performance.

Briske: Are you the guy from Wyoming?

Crocker: Yup.

1972 Whitewater. The next thing Brandt said was, "On the starting line, from Hawthorne, New Jersey...The Muchachos!"

I have to agree that his style has gotten more dramatic over the years. Listening to the 98 CD's, he gets more and more dramatic as you get to the top corps.

It wouldn't be the same without Brandt, but I personally prefer the old school, more straight-up Brandt.

Garry in Vegas

The way he rolls Phantom Regiment is just plain classy.

You can't get rid of him.

The way he rolls Phantom Regiment every corps is just plain classy.

You can't get rid of him.

Amended. :thumbup:

I think it's possible that he's mispronouncing BD's show intentionally (or at their request), but I think it's just as likely that he gets tongue-tied on the word. As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, my mom just can't say the word "ibuprofen." It's not Swahili, she just can't say it unless she really concentrates and takes it syllable by syllable. And my mom is a very smart woman.