World Class Finals Discussion Thread

The Marines are, at most, 2/3 the size of a DCI horn line, but they're putting out a sound to blow the stands back.

Standing O for Malaguena!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Change of mood, although not pace, as the Marines are now playing the final movement to Shostakovich's 5th Symphony, a la Phantom Regiment.

Marine mellos just let off a particularly awesome rip to a high unison note from Hell.

actually I think its odd that DCI didn't webcast finals, they could of just done a high cam.... I'm sure they would fine with research that broadcasting it on the web doesn't affect ticket sales, as most people who want to and can afford to travel to finals will and those that can't will buy FanNetwork..... they need to look at economics now adays, for a single person to go for thursday/fri/sat means flying in on a Wed from west coast to be there in time for step off on thrus that means 4 days of hotel/airfare/meals/rent a car so for me it would of been about 1500 to 2000 to go to finals

actually I think its odd that DCI didn't webcast finals, they could of just done a high cam.... I'm sure they would fine with research that broadcasting it on the web doesn't affect ticket sales, as most people who want to and can afford to travel to finals will and those that can't will buy FanNetwork..... they need to look at economics now adays, for a single person to go for thursday/fri/sat means flying in on a Wed from west coast to be there in time for step off on thrus that means 4 days of hotel/airfare/meals/rent a car so for me it would of been about 1500 to 2000 to go to finals

Agreed..

I don't think it's good thinking on DCI's part. I don't think a webcast would suppress in-person ticket sales and it could bring in more needed revenue.

They're now playing music from Jersey Boys, so it's a medley of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons music. I can't take my eyes off of them, so to speak...

And, to finish the show, a company front while playing Stars & Stripes. Another standing O while the crowd claps in time.

Nice thing about drum corps crowds. They can actually clap IN TIME with the corps.

The drum major is now conducting the crowd as the corps plays the National Anthem behind him. Nice way to start the night.