World Class Finals Discussion Thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets are now taking the field to perform in exhibition. I've seen them twice this year, both from field level, so I'm looking forward to actually being able to see their drill in action.

on a side note, I found the pod cast of field pass on the judging a interesting aspect while they tried to address the issues we all express on here, I think it just showed how what we fear can and I think in some cases does.... I Liked where he called out the Lobbying that goes on and chief judge couldn't argue the point..... thats the biggest thing is when judges are in a bar/lounge at a hotel and a director or staff member comes in they do not talk about the weather or football they lobby for their corps.... remember in 1993 in Jackson, after a "incident" similiar to that took place and was standing at the corps entry gate talking with Bill Cook and a few others and Bill said it best.... "All I want for My kids is a even playing field"

That can be done in this decade?

I've got plenty of years left in me and I can type over 80 words a minute. Watch me... :smile:

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets are now taking the field to perform in exhibition. I've seen them twice this year, both from field level, so I'm looking forward to actually being able to see their drill in action.

Any announcement on who was awarded "Director of the Year"?

Echoing several sentiments....

Thank you Greg and Kevin for keeping us posted on the status of the show tonight :smile: I agree that DCI really missed the chance to gain some very needed monies by making Finals available via webcast, even if it meant paying an additional fee. Now, let the BEST corps win...

Those SCVC uniforms do look really sleek, I have to say.

Any announcement on who was awarded "Director of the Year"?

BDB, there is a list of all the caption winners and all those extra winners in the Open class Finals discussion.