Terrible version of America

I was more offended by that group of "classy young men" known as the Cavaliers. I mean, if you don't want to take things seriously, don't participate in retreat. I was offended, and have lost all respect for that group.

Edited by elmhurstmusiced

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And THAT'S something of which to be proud no matter what the placement.

AMEN to that!

The only corps that are worth anything during retreat are Cadets, SCV, and maybe Boston. They seem to be the only ones left with discipline.

Full retreats are not coming back. The logistical advantages to the corps of not having these are too great.

What exactly do the corps gain? Is it worth more than what the fans lose. I mean ticket price have gone up and up since I have aged out. At least we could have a full retreat. I really don't think corps are gaining that much rehearsal time from no retreat. It is not like they all load up after they are done and then leave.... they have a drum major that is has to stay so the corps don't leave. They only time they save is loading and changing. When I marched we left an hour after retreat... are corps getting up an hour earlier and practicing because they are leaving an hour early, I highly doubt it.

And THAT'S something of which to be proud no matter what the placement.

Exactly. I always believed being in uniform meant the same thing as it does for a military person to be in uniform. No goofing around whatsoever in public eye. The Cavaliers took nothing seriously, and I believe anyone who thinks the classiest corps in DCI is The Cavaliers to think again. I could understand the kids doing it, but the instructors/drum majors undoubtedly could have had control over such situations (and the Cavaliers weren't the only ones).

The only corps that are worth anything during retreat are Cadets, SCV, and maybe Boston. They seem to be the only ones left with discipline.

Um.... and how about Phantom? 100% Class Act thank you very much.

They stood there at attention the entire time while some really patheticly classless individuals next to them jerked around the whole time.

Good for them, and the other above listed corps.

Cavies actually walked the entire corps by Phantom giving them handshakes, hugs, and high fives. Blue Devils turned their backs to Phantom. So yeah, I guess the Cavies are completely classless.

I saw the BD live, twice this summer and each time they came out and waitied for the scores before they played America, they stayed in "charachter" and did the whole Charlie Chapalin absurd thing. Look closely at the up close video from directly in front. It was still going on. Not sure if they were instructed to "be absurd", but if they were, given the circumstances, it was probably a bad call..... no matter who made it.

I wasn't offended at all - beauty or lack of same when it comes to art is strictly in the eye/ear of the beholder and the reaction I had was "oh, a different arrangement" - nothing more, nothing less.

Um.... and how about Phantom? 100% Class Act thank you very much.

They stood there at attention the entire time while some really patheticly classless individuals next to them jerked around the whole time.

Good for them, and the other above listed corps.

Well, I just saw a girl in Regiment with a camera hanging off of her mellohpone one year (forget which year, was recent) which kinda ruined their image for me as far as retreat goes. :worthy: