Terrible version of America

Just watched two different videos of it. One from right close in front of BD/Cavs and another from up high and off to the side. Yuck. There was some nasty playing in there, which shouldn't be happening. Have a little class. Play decently, then exit the field.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they won high brass??? Don't get me wrong, they are a nice full sounding corps, but the trumpet line's performance during the show last night made me believe they left the door open. The trumpet solo had fracks and then the rest of the trumpets were not as stellar as even their pre-season recording...something must have been wrong.

:worthy: Baaaaad, no excuse for that, wrong notes are one thing, but hanging over like that throughout.... Take it for what it's worth, I heard of some people wanting to take it to the lot which, after hearing that...wouldn't surprise me. Edited by Illiniphanatic

Theres a video front and center right in front of the Blue Devils, not sure if you've seen that yet. It's labeled "Blue Devils being sore losers".

The title of the youtube vid is interesting as it is exactly what I said to my friend when I heard it. We were fairly near the PR drum major, so we could tell for sure that culprits were in BD, but we're not sure if there were others...

You can't tell really well from the video, but someone held the final note out for several seconds after the cutoff.

I think we can all appreciate that the only corps that never moved/did anything disrespectful whatsoever was The Cadets. I'm sure they weren't happy about their placement (nor should they be), but they acted like they were in uniform until the whole corps marched far enough away from the field so that no fans could see them. I thought Madison was going to be the only other corps like that, but it ended up only being The Cadets. The respect/maturity/professionalism was refreshing.

Wow. . .totally classless. Anyone making light of that is part of the problem as well. It is not okay.

By the time the corps play "America the Beautiful," scores have already been announced, the kids (and YES, they ARE STILL KIDS) know that their season is absolutely finished and 8 months of HARD toiling are over. Many of the kids are just trying to enjoy their final moment of the season, and in some cases that means playing tastelessly to OUR ears but with joy in THEIR hearts. If we take the poor performance of "America" as a slap to the audience's face, then we as an audience need to be a little less spineless.

So you're saying that that these corps that are comprised of individuals that are mostly of an age at which they can vote for this country's leaders, die for its people and many of whom can consume alcohol are KIDS?! Even at 12 years old, one can become aware of what it means to have great pride in what you do and pride for your nation and your organization. That is a great message to send "well you've worked sooo hard all summer long....so why don't you go ahead and completely counteract all that you have accomplished. When I played America/Oh Canada I remember it being an extremely emotional performance and one in which I was filled with pride and honor and no one that I knew would dream of tarnishing this. They are well old enough to know better and to have a high level of respect for themselves and each other.

I think we can all appreciate that the only corps that never moved/did anything disrespectful whatsoever was The Cadets. I'm sure they weren't happy about their placement (nor should they be), but they acted like they were in uniform until the whole corps marched far enough away from the field so that no fans could see them. I thought Madison was going to be the only other corps like that, but it ended up only being The Cadets. The respect/maturity/professionalism was refreshing.

And THAT'S something of which to be proud no matter what the placement.