Terrible version of America

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3) I also noticed that (and you can also hear it on the youtube video) there was actually a lot of people that played well after the cut off of America. I can only attribute this to them not being able to see the cut off.

There was at least 1 trumpet playing for like an extra 10 seconds... that's more than missing the cutoff

5) Madison's bass line. Not really what the purpose of that was, but hardcore!! Can someone PLEASE find out and tell me what the guy said to them before they finally picked up and left.

What were they doing that was hardcore? I'll i've heard so far is that they stayed on the field for a really long time and had to be asked to leave. I am interested to know what they were doing though / the meaning behind it.

I just watched it...Scott and the staff would have ripped us a new one if we played it that way. Shameful.

Yikes...what's the over-under on how many push-ups Scott would have had us doing in the parking lot after a stunt like that? I marched back in the stone age and think I'd just be finishing up about now.

Absolutely agree...Shameful.

After marching with Cadets for 8 years (00-07), I can say that on finals night 07 I only considered for a split second messing around with America/O Canada or whatever it ended up being called for my last little "hoo-rah" of the season. After that split second, I decided that it would be the most UN-Cadet thing to do, as I wanted to age-out with as few blemishes in my mind as possible.

Also, Cadets pride themselves on being able to be disciplined through all the chaos that goes on during finals retreat (and any other retreats, when they existed). We are there with a job to do, an image to uphold, and a history to represent. And we hold that true all the way back to the parking lot.

Michael Terry

Cadets baritone 2000-2007

BRAVO!

There was at least 1 trumpet playing for like an extra 10 seconds... that's more than missing the cutoff

I realize that. I was just simply adding to the discussion that there were several people that played after the cutoff because they probably couldn't see the cutoff. Just simply an observation.

yes, kids will be kids. The Blue Devils did make obnoxious sounds. And I watched one of their staff rip their tubas a new one when they finished, so don't believe for a minute that it wasnt addressed. The cavaliers, I believe, were engaging in seppuku, the ritualistic suicide committed by samurai warriors. I also saw their staff go thru the block and put a stop to it.

Those kids get giddy out there and do immature things. They're teenagers. I'd take pranks and jokes over the full corps brawls I always hear of in the 60s and 70s though......

No, they are for the most part college age. They should act more mature than middle-schoolers. My local middle school band has better self-dicipline.

I think we can all appreciate that the only corps that never moved/did anything disrespectful whatsoever was The Cadets. I'm sure they weren't happy about their placement (nor should they be), but they acted like they were in uniform until the whole corps marched far enough away from the field so that no fans could see them. I thought Madison was going to be the only other corps like that, but it ended up only being The Cadets. The respect/maturity/professionalism was refreshing.

What about Vanguard? I would hope that they were not disrespectful.

There was quite a bit of goofing around while to Marine D&BC played them on as well. There is something called respect that a few corps seemed to lack. There were however several who were very mindful of the proper behavior.

Did anyone else notice PR's discipline in standing at retreat... even when annouced winners!

Yikes...what's the over-under on how many push-ups Scott would have had us doing in the parking lot after a stunt like that? I marched back in the stone age and think I'd just be finishing up about now.

Absolutely agree...Shameful.

How are you going to make anyone do pushups after finals? The season is over at that point.

there is no way just a select few could miss the cuttoff for 15 seconds. ive played atb from the end and the middle of the field, there are plenty of drum majors around to cutt you off. every one needs to check out the youtube video. disgracefull for bd to do that.