Shows that just don't 'work'

Might as well name this topic: "BD bashers pile on". I guess when you're that good, that long, it just grades on folks! I know the OP didn't intend this to be what it's become, but it was certanly predictable! Pathetic!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well name this topic: "BD bashers pile on". I guess when you're that good, that long, it just grades on folks! I know the OP didn't intend this to be what it's become, but it was certanly predictable! Pathetic!

I really don't see how BD is getting piled on more than any other corps.

. . .or, you just like to read into things a bit too much.

Cadets, Cavaliers and Blue Devils have all received about the same amount of criticism in this thread. :lol:

Oh relax. If you thought anything positive for ANY corps was coming out of this thread I have some real estate at the Concord JBL fields to sell you... :lol:

1984 - Garfield Cadets, Suncoast Sound

1987 - SCV, SkyRyders

1988 - Madison Scouts

1989 - Phantom Regiment, SCV

1990 - Star of Indiana,

actually 1990 - 1993 Star of indiana

1992 - Cadets

1994 - Blue Devils

1999 - Cavaliers

2000 - 2002 Cavaliers

2005 Cadets

2006 - Cavaliers

2007 - Blue Devils

There ! Now my answers are as ridiculous, senseless and meaningless, created without any type of credibility and relation to the topic as many of the ones already posted ..

2007 Blue Devils didnt work ?? Maybe you didnt like them personally, but, um...it worked.

Geoffrey

Answering in yet another sensless DCP thread, that really should be merged with the other sensless, "shouldnt have been on a football field" thread....

1984 - Garfield Cadets, Suncoast Sound

1987 - SCV, SkyRyders

1988 - Madison Scouts

1989 - Phantom Regiment, SCV

1990 - Star of Indiana,

actually 1990 - 1993 Star of indiana

1992 - Cadets

1994 - Blue Devils

1999 - Cavaliers

2000 - 2002 Cavaliers

2005 Cadets

2006 - Cavaliers

2007 - Blue Devils

There ! Now my answers are as ridiculous, senseless and meaningless, created without any type of credibility and relation to the topic as many of the ones already posted ..

2007 Blue Devils didnt work ?? Maybe you didnt like them personally, but, um...it worked.

Geoffrey

Answering in yet another sensless DCP thread, that really should be merged with the other sensless, "shouldnt have been on a football field" thread....

"LIZZIE!!!"

*thud* ($1 to Redd Foxx)

You had me goin' there for a sec, you rat ########! :lol:

I'll throw out 93 Blue Knights....just....ewww.....

So I knew the show was Winged Victory. All I saw was Wings in the show, but nothing gave me a hint that there was some ridiculous struggle for a victory. It really just ended up being 3 tunes. One really good song tagged by 2 songs at mp-mf and then oh yeah wham loud typical ending chord. Marching wise, there were really bad interval issues, and just some not good foot-timing in the closer that can be seen from the high cam...with Black Pants. I'm pretty confident to say 2006 BD out marched 2007 by a boatload. From the opener, it was such a let-down. For me, as an effect standpoint, there were lower corps that kept interest longer in terms of design.

But again as for their theme, nothing besides the wings and some triumphal music at the end really hinted to the continuity of it all. I'm honestly baffled as to where they came up with those GE marks.

It's that part of the show that you can't even remember, like the middle of Star 1991.

'08 Spirit

'06 Cadets

'01 BK

'04 and '06 Boston

'05 Capital Regiment