Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

"I was almost impressed..."

Paul Wiercioch, attempting to teach the Cavalier Anniversary Corps drill.

Edited by fholin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the middle of July during visual - going over changes from 2 days ago .... "Baritones!!!! NO NO NO!!!....Baritones! Stop running into each other! That's not right!!!'

"Well, I wanted to give you a water break, but that sucked....so reset and try it again!"

Learning how to march in 7/8

1 - 2 - 3 1 - 2 1 - 2

pineapple apple apple

We like to move-it move-it

After a particularly bad brass segment at practice, one brass staff member asked the brass arranger........" what do you think about the Bari secction's execution ? "

The Brass Arranger replied...... " #### it, YES!! I could go for that right now. Every one of 'em !!"

Edited by BRASSO

Doug Thrower--after hearing a couple horns blare their parts in ensemble rehearsal, "baritones, save it for prom."

Visual tech--"if you are going to suck, be consistent at it. We can fix consistent, good or bad."

"Baritones, the trees on the horizon aren't bouncing, you are."

"We have the best package and staff in the Top 12 this year." (I wonder how many times per year this is said)

"Could we try sounding a little less autistic and more like a drum corps?" - so harsh, but it got the hornline's attention...

"_______, your parents aren't going to be sitting in the end zone. Point your bell to the #%*^ BOX!!"

"_______, you were so far behind on that rep that I thought you were doing work from the previous song. We're done with the opener, try to catch up with the rest of us."

"If I had a baby with me, I'd toss it on the field right now. That was awesome!! Now reset and do it again!"

My favorite one:

1997- Council Bluffs Iowa- First stop on first tour and first rehearsal on tour.

Jason Buckigham to struggling Sopranos: (Me included) "There's no way you can play that any worse Sopranos." "In fact, you're NOT SOPRANOS, YOU'RE TRUMPETS!!!" "TAKE A LAP TRUMPETS!!" So we get back to horn arc and play passage again, and Buckingham says "You gotta be kidding me, you're still not Sopranos, TAKE ANOTHER LAP TRUMPETS!!!!" We get back to horn arc and he says: "I'm not even gonna listen to you play it, just keep RUNNING TRUMPETS!!!! Mearly mile later we got to rejoin rehearsal. Of course now adays being called a trumpet doesn't have the same meaning, but we got the point. Jason had a lot of great one liners that I cannot repeat but he always made it fun!! :tongue:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Amen! Though I never said a thing, Jason pretty much made my entire summer. Would've been very different without him. Will be very different this winter, I'm sure. So much hilarity yet so very inspiring, I gotta say.

(Member falls while we were learning ballad drill) How the #### do you fall in the ####### ballad?!! (To which she responded with a sheepish "It was bumpy!")

Covah down ya ####in' dope!

Reset to G, as in Gahfield, a corps who could actually ####### mahch!

Jose, is that your little Cuban head bouncing around out there? You look like you're talking a ####in' stroll down to dah ####in' taco stand!

The great Marc Sylvester

Reset to G, as in Gahfield, a corps who could actually ####### mahch!

The great Marc Sylvester

This one is my perennial favorite. :tongue: