Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

"you look like you're shopping at k mart" 1987 marc sylvester while teaching drill to the corps.

"I want a 10 from he## not a 6 from yoder" brass rehersal 1986

just a few many. memory fades after so many years :thumbup:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I want a 10 from he## not a 6 from yoder" brass rehersal 1986

And anyone who has been around Hutch knows what a swinging place Yoder can be.

Guest xsabers
i don't know if i would let my children march with all of these mean instructors out there. why are they so mean to the future of our country?

Trust me, most of these examples are not mean..but they sure are funny! It may be difficult to understand from the perspective of reading the posts without having the experience as a member. It's not just the words, but the situation, inflection, and relationship that members have with staff. I'm sure many of us reading these are visualizing our own instructors as we read and laugh. For the most part, these are fond memories of days gone by...

So, due to a wrist injury(originally on the rifle line), and then being told I could have an AWESOME soloist spot, I was one of the widely talked about "peri4ry girls" in Spirit's show this summer... they called us "PC"s(periphery chicks), and we did a LOT of standing around this summer.

All summer, we'd get made fun of: "Hey, shouldn't you be in a corner somewhere, posing?"

Then there were moments like this, where they'd ask us to do something on the spot...

"Hey PCs, this moment needs to be big... you're in the middle of blocks of horn players, and they're pointing at you... make up something diva and fabulous."

Our response? We did the chicken dance =)

Edited by MardyBum

i don't know if i would let my children march with all of these mean instructors out there. why are they so mean to the future of our country?

Exactly as xsabers explained, it's more joking while trying to get a point across (which the members will remember), than trying to be mean. I'm sure the staff knows who would take what seriously and wouldn't say it to a certain person if it would hurt them.