Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

"That was less than magical. Reset!"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During a rehearsal day, the baritone section walked by a playground while going to a subsectional spot.

Kid: "Who are you people?!"

Don Kaihatsu (brass tech): "We own this town! Get out!"

"If you're gonna suck, at least be consistent and suck every time so I can fix it!"

- Don Kaihatsu - 1998 Pioneer Brass Caption Head

"Don't tick, Don't drag, Don't suck!"

- Pat Fitzgerald - 1991 Blue Devils Tenor Tech - However, I believe this is a Float-ism

advice given before leaving us on tour for a few weeks...

"Be excellent to each other and don't suck!"

- Marc Jacoby 1991 Blue Devils - Front Ensemble Instructor/Arranger u

Very much a Float thang. Just spend a year/season with Float and you will have a new vocabulary. In fact, on the way home from tour in '82, me and another snare drummer created the "Tom Float dictionary" which made the yearbook. Another example would be: "sticks up and shut up" or, one of my favorites: "Gentlemen and lady..."

Very much a Float thang. Just spend a year/season with Float and you will have a new vocabulary. In fact, on the way home from tour in '82, me and another snare drummer created the "Tom Float dictionary" which made the yearbook. Another example would be: "sticks up and shut up" or, one of my favorites: "Gentlemen and lady..."

One Float-ism from 84 "Basses, man....HIT the #### thing!"

" hey ruben run so u can get rid of that fat mexican belly"

i remember one time when back when i marched in div III or open class i think it was finals week and we we just dog tired and i guess we weren't running to our sets as fast as we could so one of our techs goes" hmmm just think there's a cheeseburger at your dot." vis caption head yells RESET! so the tech tells while u run to ur dot says cheeseburger until u get there!

This is how great inside joke traditions get started. Next thing you some corps is going to use this, and at some random rehearsal people will be yelling "cheeseburger" at the top of their lungs as they run to sets. The best part: people in some random neighborhood in America who happen across that rehearsal are going to be very confused. Sweet. :thumbup:

I was bombarded with Float-isms as a kid. I have even read your dictionary. My then instructor ('83-'85), and now good friend, marched with you in '82. Joe Cartagena - Q5. Do you remember him?

Edited by BDtraps91

In 2006 April from Cadets came out a few times, that women was hilarious! Anybody have quotes from her?

from when she worked with UMiami's colorguard a few years ago....

"GIRLS! You're too stupid to tell each other what to do!"

and many, many others - every time she opened her mouth the rest of the band cringed.