Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

Said to a color guard member as she was fluttering to an equipment change:

______________________________! If you keep running accross my football field like a boy....I'm gonna by you something you can strap on so that everyone will think you are a boy! Now run more feminine!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why does everything I say sound like a Joe Roche imitation?" - Michael Ciscario - 1983 (I think)

Joe, mello player at the time, sounded more like Michael than Michael himself.

wow, Joe Roche, haven't heard that name in a long time LOL

From my current wife:

"Remember to blow, don't suck." clap clap clap, smile, wink.

Back in the dark mists of time, a group was changing its marching style from "toeing the line" to landing on the yardlines with the ball of the foot. People are slow to catch on to the new technique. The new director, after several run-throughs of M&M basics, is getting frustrated. Finally he yells,"On your balls, ######! Step on your balls!!" Oddly enough, that instruction sticks in people's minds.

Robert

I asked him yesterday. He said he remembered the same about you. He remembered that you two used to sit and play back and forth all the time. I forgot that he was the inside quad, which would make him standing next to you.

It would be great to get in touch with Joe again! He can get in touch with me via the BD website. Did you play tenors with Joe and in BD?

My daughter attended the Vivace Marching Band/George Parks DM camp at West Chester U...her first year as bass drum section leader of our band. They selected the top players atending to work with Tom Float for the camp..those selected ended up learning a tune to be played with the winds for the parent performance...my daughter was the only female chosen...naturally he referred to her the entire weekend as the 'drum chick'.

One time the line played through a spot and Float said something like: "That sucked...do it again, and this time don't suck."...it didn't!

Whenever he was about to curse he would tell my daughter to put her fingers in her ears so she wouldn't hear what he was saying. :rock:

Tom was/is very respectful of the female gender in drum lines...he always treated me like a lady and yet, I was still one of the "guys" in the line, you might say! I think that I was one of the lucky ones in my drum corps career that was never treated otherwise, unlike some other horrific stories I've heard about from some of my female colleagues who marched in other DCI corps. He gave my mom the high drums trophy at the SCV show just because I mentioned to the line at camp that it was the only show that she goes to each year...that's class!

It would be great to get in touch with Joe again! He can get in touch with me via the BD website. Did you play tenors with Joe and in BD?

I played snare in '84 & '85 in the Illiana Lancers (Chicago). Joe was my instructor back then. when I went to BD, I played drumset in '91. It was the first year they ever had an actual sit down drumset. In '92 I played a little bit of everything in the pit. I'll always be a snare drummer at heart though. I'll let Joe know to get in touch with you. Thanks for the chat!

Dean

This one was actually said by me, quite the slip:

"Get up on the balls of your feet. Do you know where your balls are?"

" shut the f*** up! just shut up! you keep asking me the same F***ing question!"

aaron barnes

I came pretty close to saying that to one of my Latin classes a few days ago...

"Were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?"