2009 Could be Carolina Crown's year

I think he meant Cadets, since they finished below Crown and would therefore need to "target" that corps and pass them...

Try again. The post you quoted mentioned the "bronze place they had received in 2007" - The Cadets attained silver place in 2007. That quote was referring to The Cavies.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, the m word

yeah, they way it gets tossed around here, i thought I was the only one who knew not to use it. I guess corps don't talk about it anymore. I will say though that my corps used it in mockery one year and well, here's what happened:

finals placement: 11, 10, 12, 11, 11, 11, 10, 16("m" word year), 10, 7, 7, 8, 6, 4

that's no coincidence

Nope.

Two words: Competitive Inertia

Plus they aged out a ton of people.

Aged out a ton of people? Not close.

Anyway, Crown has shown the competitive drum corps world that you don't have to have a hornline full of ageouts to compete with the elite.

It's called a typo, on a silly little discussion board. Why would I spend time proofing my writing for some silly little discussion board? I write for a living, so I think I wouldn't be making $125k+ per year doing it if I didn't know how to spell. My life does not revolve around drum corps.

lol

There is no such thing as "science" in drum corps or any other activity which is subjectively judged!

lol

EDIT: "m word"?

Edited by Kekkles

yeah, they way it gets tossed around here, i thought I was the only one who knew not to use it. I guess corps don't talk about it anymore. I will say though that my corps used it in mockery one year and well, here's what happened:

finals placement: 11, 10, 12, 11, 11, 11, 10, 16("m" word year), 10, 7, 7, 8, 6, 4

that's no coincidence

Exactly, and I might add, that the 8th place in 2006 was achieved with perhaps their most well-designed show to date. I love Crown. They have replaced SCV as my 2nd favorite corps - something I thought I would never see.

Edited by gellio

Try again. The post you quoted mentioned the "bronze place they had received in 2007" - The Cadets attained silver place in 2007. That quote was referring to The Cavies.

The post I quoted (stockman365) had the Cavaliers in mind, yes. But the post that he was quoting (ApocalypseTissue) seemed to be referencing the Cadets, not the Cavaliers. I was responding to stockman365 because he seemed to have the wrong corps in mind.

Funny thing is that Crown was winning brass in Allentown by .2 over anybody else, with the same judges both nights. Come quarters, they were down .4 out of first place in brass. And the judge that gave them that score was the same one that put the Bluecoats 4th in brass (I could swear it was 5th though) at quarters in 07.

bluecoats won brass in quarters 07

It's called a typo, on a silly little discussion board. Why would I spend time proofing my writing for some silly little discussion board? I write for a living, so I think I wouldn't be making $125k+ per year doing it if I didn't know how to spell. My life does not revolve around drum corps.

*mntrumpterguy's #### flips*

BUTWHATTHEWHOWHENWHEREWHYWHAT!?!?!?!?!?

just kidding.

but seriously. CC is awesome- whether or not they win next year won't change that. just like not winning last year doesn't make BD any less good.

There is no such thing as "science" in drum corps or any other activity which is subjectively judged!

There is a science to CI, however. CI is based upon observations and the theory of CI is made upon these observations. CI is proven time and time again. As per an earlier response to Phantom winning while they were 4th in 07 and won in 08, it is because they not only medaled in the past, but they have won before. Hence, they can win. Crown has not won or even medaled. This is because of the judges reluctancy to allow a corps who hasn't "proven" themselves to be put amongst those who have. It's human nature. May I ask, have you read the CI thread?