2009 Could be Carolina Crown's year

And before this year, no one had ever placed 3rd in quarters, 2nd in semi's and 1st in finals. What's your point?

If i was betting this year, I STILL would not have bet on phantom to win. Im glad as hell they did, but I wouldnt have bet on it...just like next year i hope crown moves up, but I wont bet on it. I just dont see any room up there. Hanging on to 4th would be epic. Cavies may fall a little, but i think they may suprise some people. Either way, they wont go below 4th. Cadets are going to be 2nd or maybe 1st, Bd, wont fall out of the top 3, and phantom, even with a let down, will still be 2nd or 3rd. Could crown sneak in?? maybe, but like i said, i just wouldnt bet on it

Edited by salad315

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime I'm betting on corps like Glassmen, Bluestars, Bluecoats, Crown and Phantom Regiment to all be defining the game next year.

FIXED :rolleyes:

Ouch. Probably true, but ouch.... :rolleyes:

Well if we have 5 or more corps using balloons next year, I'll retract my statement.

If i was betting this year, I STILL would not have bet on phantom to win. Im glad as hell they did, but I wouldnt have bet on it...just like next year i hope crown moves up, but I wont bet on it. I just dont see any room up there. Hanging on to 4th would be epic. Cavies may fall a little, but i think they may suprise some people. Either way, they wont go below 4th. Cadets are going to be 2nd or maybe 1st, Bd, wont fall out of the top 3, and phantom, even with a let down, will still be 2nd or 3rd. Could crown sneak in?? maybe, but like i said, i just wouldnt bet on it

I don't think Phantom will repeat, just because repeating is hard as crap to do in DCI these days. Ask Cavies...they can only manage to win every OTHER year. I see PR falling to at least 3rd based on nothing but pure speculation. BD will never drop out of the Top 3. Cavies I think will take a plunge (I'm predicting a swap with Cadets in placement) Crown and Cadets will be big wildcards.

SCV will be in flux so they are also a wildcard. I just can't imagine the Top 5 changing much unless Bluecoats sneak in there or Blue Stars shock the world.

However with so many ?'s about certain corps...there is a good possibility that the title is open game this year for anyone.

Blue Stars shock the world.

pretty sure they've already done that...

pretty sure they've already done that...

Well maybe they'll do it again. Honestly, for ANYONE new to be in the top 7 would be shocking. Even though Bloo and SCV seem pretty unable to crack into the top, they've also been a notch above corps like, BK, boston, and now BS. If that were to change, it would be a bid deal. Stars beating SCV??....who would have guessed that just a year ago...

Plus they aged out a ton of people.

A very nice gentleman on the Crown board of directors told me at semi's that they were only aging out 18 people. If that is truly the case and their retention rate is high, they should do very well in 2009.

Phantom beat Crown eight times prior to the World Championships. Spreads were 2.2, 2.9, 3.2, 2.0, 1.3, 0 575, 0.75, and 0.425.

Crown beat Phantom just twice (San Antonio and Hattiesburg) by a combined total for both those shows of 0.75 (0.25 and 0.50).

I'm not sure of any others, but I believe that Crown barely nipped Phantom at Monroe, LA as well (I was there). These would be my 2 favorite shows of the year, BTW.