Finally got to watch prelims and finals this weekend. BVP did a good job with the DVD's. Although prelims didn't have a menu to choose from with the names of the corps, but that wasn't a major concern. The finals did have the titles AND the extra feature at the end which was really neat to see. Just little snips from each corps, but from a different view.

Would have liked to see Music City in the finals, they got a bum rap in prelims, enjoyed their show anyway.

The biggest shock to me was BUSH's guard at finals. Are you kidding me......they didn't win best guard?? Fantastic show to say the least, what was the judge looking at anyway? Actually the whole corps put on a great show!

So I think the top 3 corps should have been ALOT closer, and still not sure about the outcome.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm STILL waiting for mine x2 :smile::blink:

I'm STILL waiting for mine x3. Looks like this could take a LOOOOONG time. Mebbe it's a Midwest thing??? :smile::blink::blink:

I'm STILL waiting for mine x3. Looks like this could take a LOOOOONG time. Mebbe it's a Midwest thing??? :lol::lol::lol:

I received mine on Monday

IMHO the quality of sound and video is good, nicely packaged and great to watch.

I don't understand why the alumni disc comes without headers ( finals have them ), i have to play around with the alumni disc to get it to play at all ( then it is ok though )

My fav of the year is Preston Scout House prancing off the field to " Colonel Bogey March " :tongue:

I'm STILL waiting for mine x3. Looks like this could take a LOOOOONG time. Mebbe it's a Midwest thing??? :tongue::lol::lol:

I'm on the east coast and I still haven't gotten mine or even the email claiming that its on the way

Finally got to watch prelims and finals this weekend. BVP did a good job with the DVD's. Although prelims didn't have a menu to choose from with the names of the corps, but that wasn't a major concern. The finals did have the titles AND the extra feature at the end which was really neat to see. Just little snips from each corps, but from a different view.

Ray I was able to get a menu on prelims by pressing the menu button on my remote.

Reminder me not to "urinate" off (They Call Me) Mister Roo. :lol:

Just received a corrected CD of the Alumni show with supposedly the right Cabs show. (Haven't listened to it yet.)

Scarey part was I hadn't gotten around to call about the problem, it just came in the mail......

Wonder what Andy said to them :tongue: ...... :lol:

Jim F said:

"Scarey part was I hadn't gotten around to call about the problem, it just came in the mail......

Wonder what Andy said to them."

Maybe he threatened to show up at their place with his saber -- or perhaps in a Fran Haring-like Hawaiian shirt!

Got mine today; finals and the alumni show. Only able to watch Optimists, most of Bridgemen and Cabs (time). On the whole not bad, but not great either - visual and audio both. I'm big on audio and I thought the mix could have been a lot better.

Visually there's some camera work I wouldn't accept and some techinical video quality, mostly shading, that should have been caught before some shots were taken.

For the money those things should not have found their way into the final product.

But then, it could have been worse. I'm happy to have a record of my corps's perfromance and the rest of the gang that was in the show too.

Regards,

John

Reminder me not to "urinate" off (They Call Me) Mister Roo. :lol:

Just received a corrected CD of the Alumni show with supposedly the right Cabs show. (Haven't listened to it yet.)

Scarey part was I hadn't gotten around to call about the problem, it just came in the mail......

Wonder what Andy said to them :tongue: ...... :lol:

Actually, Jim, I didn't have to say much. I simply mentioned to them that "JimF-3dBari" was a secret codeword for a "highly skilled, well-trained Ninja assassin with a bad attitude who has been know to visit the Newark, Ohio area from time to time."

I guess they took it from there on their own.

In any event, I'm happy that you got it and I hope you're enjoying it.

Andy