Cadets 2009 Opener

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music selections sound great, lets hope it doesn't serve as background to other things! After the past few years, I can't help but be skeptical about the Cadets programming. The fact that Hopkins and Sully are doing all the programming for the 2009 show makes me squirm!

Yeah they've had some bad design choices of late, but I wouldn't write them off completely. I mean they DID have an intergral part in the design of the shows in 2000 and 2005 to name a few. But we'll see. :tongue:

Downey combined WSS with other stuff in 03...not to mention in 98.

Please retire On the Waterfront and WSS for a little while. For the love of goodness, just do it. There are eleventy billion other pieces of music to do that don't require the "creativity" of taking two pieces that could at best be described as trite on the drum corps field and jamming them together.

I'm trying to be open-minded about this, I really am. But I'm bummed by this music choice.

"On the WATERfront"

Could this be where the new water rule be used?

How many pages will the first draft of this year's narrative be?

Who's the girl in the swimsuit add at the bottom of the page? Oh wait a minute! Off Topic. Sorry! :happy:

Sully writes great drill that is often impossible to march, and isn't always very well staged musically, especially when he is left with no restraint.... notice i said his drill is still great... it makes sense, and is effective, if yo can perform it... ask anyone who marched 2007 Crossmen.... that show was a design mess though.... can't blame sully for all of it.

But i'm excited for the Cadets, hope they don't let me down.

Downey combined WSS with other stuff in 03...not to mention in 98.

Please retire On the Waterfront and WSS for a little while. For the love of goodness, just do it. There are eleventy billion other pieces of music to do that don't require the "creativity" of taking two pieces that could at best be described as trite on the drum corps field and jamming them together.

I'm trying to be open-minded about this, I really am. But I'm bummed by this music choice.

Scary how often we agree. I am pleased about Jeremiah being used, though. I like what they did in '85, and can't wait to hear an updated rendition. Would prefer that it not be lessened to mesh with the other selections mentioned, though....