2009 Shows?

PrfctTimeOfDay

i understand crown guard will perform to the somber and beautiful choral work "the prayer cycle" and they could use our prayers at this time. :devil:

Do you know which movement? Mt. Juliet HS from TN did Grace several years ago. The music is beautiful. Of course Adam was in the same circuit; in fact, Mt. Juliet was neck and neck with Kennesaw for the most of that year.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 25 performers from lincoln-way high school color guard [schoolastic A class] from frankfort il. will present their 2009 production titled "style moderne" with music *"La creation du monde" [1923] by composer darius milhaud.

program designer alain spaeth has created white costumes with black accents inspired by french art deco graphics and will emulate costumes worn by the "ballets russes" as created by coco chanel.

the members will perform on an all black floor with two large screens that will have a simple white french art deco design,creating visual bookends to the set as if they were stage wings used to hide the dancers of the "ballet russes".

their flags will be representations of different art from france in the 1920's.

the opening flags will be evocative of french iron work.

the second silk will be green opalescent inspired by lalique.

the final silk will be the recreation of a colorful clarice cliff pottery tile.

this sounds like a great show,can't wait to see it come to life!

they can be seen at the dayton,st. louis and indianapolis wgi regionals as well as wgi championships.

best of luck!

*"la creation du monde] was originally created as a 20 minute ballet in six movements with costumes designed by artist fernand leger.

So is this a combination of students from East, Central and North??

yes itsonthefield,i believe that is correct. :tongue:

jak,i'm not clear on what movement of *"the prayer cylce" crown guard is using but i "hope" they are wonderful!

*mercy,strength,hope,compassion,grace,innocence,forgivenss,benediction and faith.

Edited by dugg

I thought that Lincoln-way East had it's own guard and the other schools had their own units...... is it against the rules to have all members of a scholastic group come from the schools in the same town?

http://cheshirewinterguard.org/World_Guard.html

cheshire world presents "reaching out"!design by mickey kelley and vince monacelli.

btw,what a great webpage,very informative!

Edited by dugg

I thought that Lincoln-way East had it's own guard and the other schools had their own units...... is it against the rules to have all members of a scholastic group come from the schools in the same town?

WGI updated the requirements for scholastic eligibility in 2007. Lincoln Way can pull kids from all schools in the district into one single scholastic unit if they like. Learn more at http://www.wgi.org/news_detail.php?id=1081

WGI updated the requirements for scholastic eligibility in 2007. Lincoln Way can pull kids from all schools in the district into one single scholastic unit if they like. Learn more at http://www.wgi.org/news_detail.php?id=1081

well that's that! :santa:

i can just imagine this being a subject of debate and discussion among a few disgruntled directors and their circuit however i hope everybody will play nice,remember.......fighting makes baby jesus cry! :worthy:

btw,i beleive plymoth canton and wabonsie valley have both utilized this option.

Edited by dugg