Phantom's "The Red Violin"

I've utilized my sources to check into the pasta theme and there is something to it.

Not only will the corps be playing selections by Vermicelli, (his "Angel Hair Mass"), but other famous Italian Renaissance composers will also be featured. You'll want to start buying your CDs to get familiar with the music. Here's what I know so far.

Perciatelli Bucatini's "Annelini Campanell."

Torcoletti Al Dente's "Strozzapretii Tagliarini"

Pezzoccheri Cappelini's "Carbonara Cavatelli"

Quadrucci Ditali's "Farfelle Gnocchi"

Radiatore Fettuccine's "Fusilli col Buco"

Trottole Gemelli's "Maccheroni al Torchio"

Occhi di Lupo's "Pagia e Fieno"

Riccia Larga's "Seme di Melone"

Senatore Capelli's "Sagne Tartufi"

Agnolotti Spaghettoni's "Bolognese Arrabbiata"

Ventagli Tubattini's "Acini de Pepi"

So it's true; they got that Olive Garden sponsorship?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've utilized my sources to check into the pasta theme and there is something to it.

Not only will the corps be playing selections by Vermicelli, (his "Angel Hair Mass"), but other famous Italian Renaissance composers will also be featured. You'll want to start buying your CDs to get familiar with the music. Here's what I know so far.

and for this late breaking news....the Boo'ster will not be posting tonight on DCP, as he needs to purchase a new keyboard. For some reason, the " i " button now doesn't work correctly...

Can we please close this? None of this has been announced, it was only because of some disrespectful kid that anyone "knows" anything anyway. Nothing is truly finalized, or they would have felt comfortable announcing it.

PLEASE!!! Leave - Phantom - ALONE!!!

leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

Sounds like some spicy selections, Boo. Especially Spaghettoni's!

Edited by zachariaswmb

On second thought, I won't feed the trolls.

LOL! I always post with a smile on my face. You can take a shot at me, I deserve it. :whip:

+++

Actually I didn't mean to pick on you or your post personally, just on the general bunch of posts which insisted the "thread be shut down" so "Phantom can have their privacy." Geez, :whip:

My point would be, if the panties-in-a-bunch crowd is right and Red Violin isn't really Phantom's show, then WHY would Phantom care one way or the other if a bunch of idiots on DCP discussed vapor-ware?

The answer is, they wouldn't.

And if they wouldn't, then neither should you. :whip:

Edited by wvu80

The idea is to have all curvalinear drill forms, finally dispelling the "I am marching Phantom cause I like straight lines" tune.

Like that'll ever happen :tongue:

I have it on good authority that "The Red Violin" is merely a garbling of a prospective show theme discarded early on in the design process, "Blood on the Violin," about a homicidal, yet genius virtuoso. While it had some potential to exploit the high GE factor of death on the gridiron, designers quickly concluded that a violin bow could not be credibly used to eliminate enough marching members during the allotted time to rack up enough points to justify this potentially disqualifying use of a stringed instrument on the field. Rumor has it that the current front runner for this year's theme is "Left 4 Dead." Gleeful at the thought of having the opportunity to liquidate nearly the entire drum corps in a ten-minute period, one designer cackled obliquely, "when was the last time you saw a drum corps use a rifle as a firearm?!? Old-timers are going to be gaga over this!!" Other rumors indicate a real sense of insecurity in the corps about not following the recent sophisticated trend of applying opaque and uninformative names to their shows, so expect the Regiment staff to seize the initiative this year and publicly unveil the 2009 Phantom Regiment show under the moniker, "l4d."

good movie btw...but i don't think that its theme will be a part of the show. however, better that title than "Perfume"...could u imagine the ending!?!!? it'd make '91 look like an after school special!

serious note:

well, whatever Phantom does, i know it'll be great! now, let's see if they can go for a repeat championship!!

btw, did anyone else notice that bawker is now in the "banned" group? what's with that?

Edited by chaos001

The only things that can be confirmed is that both the drumline and hornline will be competing strongly for the Sanford and Ott trophies and that the staff will attempt to produce yet another show that is of the standards we have come to expect from them in the last few years.

You're not going out on much of a limb there...isn't that pretty much the direction and attitude of the staff EVERY year?