Cadets Opener Clip

FTNK

I always love how everybody pisses their pants over winter camp-clips. It's the winter. Everybody sounds good in the winter. Everybody is going to have an amazing year. Everybody is ready to take that next step/contend for a ring/crack top 12/top 8/ top 3.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always love how everybody pisses their pants over winter camp-clips. It's the winter. Everybody sounds good in the winter. Everybody is going to have an amazing year. Everybody is ready to take that next step/contend for a ring/crack top 12/top 8/ top 3.

Everyone also sounds bad in the winter. Everyone is going to have a terrible year and everyone is ready to plummet out of finals/fold/miss top 12/top 8/top 3.

Ummm, sorry, not even close. Revisiting a "theme" is not the same thing as revisiting music. Bernie is over done IMO. There is probably a lot of Bernie people don't play, why?

bacause they are all playing Tichelli and Whitacre? over and over again?

Probably . . .singing, yes (a la 2006 ballad)

Narration (a la 2007/8), no.

Just a guess there. . .and, if it's done well, that's cool with me.

It'll definitely seem like the narrative excesses of the past few years have been reigned in a bit if that turns out to be the case.

I agree. I have no issue with voice on the field. In fact, I would like to hear more. As long as it is unpluged.

Dean

In my extremely limited experience as a corps fan (first started following in '06), I've learned to have to tune out the voice and enjoy the Cadet's beautiful music (especially the guy that sounded like Napoleon Dynamite from '07). I was on the train of people that wanted the Phantom DM to kill Sara along with Phrygia. I can definitely live with quotes, dialogue, or spoken word (a la Bloo '08), and if that's what the Cadets have in store, I may enjoy them very much in '09. That clip is a great start, in my opinion. . . and it's only a prelude!

lol... I love how people get annoyed when people are positive/negative during the offseason... really people, just let people talk... the offseason is about speculation, and debating who is gonna be the story lines of the year, and ongoing debate about everything else drum corps... this is DCP right?

Anyway, every hornline has issues in DECEMBER, especially intonation. I feel like they have a good basic sound for December though... I like the clip, and I think i'm going to like their show a lot this year... even if it is the same old thing that we've heard over and over again... I bet it will still get everyone on their feet.

i just love how people talk about "it's the offseason, let people debate and have opinions and yadda yadda yadda..." LOL ;)

this #### happens every year...like clockwork.

haha, #### DCP

we all take it a little too serious at times, lol

The biggest thing I have gotten from this thread is that The Cadets can do know right for some people. They do really "non-traditional" drum corps shows from 2005-2008 and pretty much get flamed for it from a whole lot of people. Now in 2009 they are going back to a more "traditional" type of drum corps show and are now getting flamed for doing the "same ole same ole."