Show Announcements

I vaguely recall the 1990 Cadets doing a pretty good job with "Somewhere", maybe evening winning a championship that year.

The reason you heard Rainbow at the Cavies camp is that its the corps song . Same reason the Glassmen learn

Madre' every year ! It's my opinion that the Cavaliers are the only corps that can do justice to "Somewhere over the

rainbow " as well as the tune " Somewhere "

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you heard Rainbow at the Cavies camp is that its the corps song . Same reason the Glassmen learn

Madre' every year ! It's my opinion that the Cavaliers are the only corps that can do justice to "Somewhere over the

rainbow " as well as the tune " Somewhere "

Hate to tell you that you missed the joke.

2009 Carolina Crown Program

In true epic form, the corps will open with an introduction in medias res, revealing a glimpse of “everyday life” and an optimistic longing for the IDEAL. As the show progresses, that optimistic longing will be overtaken by unfortunate devastation as an apocalyptic event transforms and transports everything to “The Other Side”. Once there, the performers will embark on a magical journey of initial beauty, quirky creatures, dangerous darkness, forbidden romance, a climactic epiphany, and an eventual voyage home.

This adventure will be set to a multifaceted musical program ranging from Aaron Copland to Elvis Costello, while including many other familiar favorites and fresh new discoveries. Dressed to reflect the mysteries of enchanted lands far, far away, the corps and colorguard costumes will be inspired by the garb of literature’s most famous wayfarers and tales. Inevitably, the set design will be dictated by the traditional, immense, turf field; but as the show title suggests, it will also become part of the story in this epic quest. Carolina Crown is proud to present . . . “The Grass is Always Greener.”

umm...

what?? :thumbup:

2009 Carolina Crown Program

In true epic form, the corps will open with an introduction in medias res, revealing a glimpse of “everyday life” and an optimistic longing for the IDEAL. As the show progresses, that optimistic longing will be overtaken by unfortunate devastation as an apocalyptic event transforms and transports everything to “The Other Side”. Once there, the performers will...

My head started hurting right about here, and I had to stop reading. Someday I may get through the whole thing, but I'll need stimulants.

Lemme guess--they're doing a vampire themed around the movie Let the Right One In. Awesome GE possibilities. :w00t:

their show is actually based on the Taboo movie series... :thumbup:

Hey Crown, Michael Phelps called, he'd like his bong back. (Just kidding...)

I don't think the show concept is the problem. Although it took me more thn a few readings to figure it out. Rather, someone is having a difficult time selling it. The description is confusing and poorly written. Someone needs to take another stab at it. I'm confused as to the title and how it has anything to do with the musical selections. Also, how the music ties into the theme. If they can't sell it in a two paragraph description, how are they supposed to sell it on the field?

No ill will meant, I hope they knock it out of the park and I'll be rooting for them all the way. But there are too many people going, "huh?"

Edited by Newseditor44