Inaugral parade

That last band just played the 1984 Suncoast Sound arrangement of America!

Yep. I caught that. Not too bad a job, either.

Loved seeing NASA's new rover. Got to see it up close over Christmas break when we took our kids to Space Center Houston/Johnson Space Center. Very cool!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe yesterday someone showed the girls footage of chelsea clinton being bored and annoyed all day long in 1993 when she was 13... lol

Honestly, can you blame her/them? They were probably up at the crack of dawn, and it's been a long day for them. I can't say that at that age, I would've been totally enthralled, myself. :thumbup:

At any rate, I just caught C-Span's coverage of both the Colts and the Cadets. Great job to both of you! And at least they got to perform when the reviewing stand was still full!

Edited by byline

For clarification for a couple folks here, you guys do know that the "Battle Hymm of the Republic" which the Cadets played was written during the Civil War in 1861, nearly 100 years before the Troopers took the field. My guess would be that Cadets played it because of its historical significance, not as any kind of tribute to our friends from Casper.

Not to mention we played it back in both 70 (John Sasso chart) and 71 (DCP's Ironlips chart!!!), though I doubt that's the reason for this year.

I'd hate to be in the band that came after Cadets..."What....we have to follow THAT???"

No pressure! :thumbup:

Too bad they couldn't've had a few seconds to do some drill....ah well.

Maybe we can get the Pres to make a trip to Indy sometime during his term.....y'know....sometime in August....

Honestly, I think he would enjoy that!

congrats to both corps and thank you for representing our activity so well

Sorry Tom, I'm, siding with Governaires until you can show proof.

http://www.govenaires.org/

they were announced as the oldest COMPETITIVE drum & bugle corps. Not parade marching, not in existence. Field competitive.

For clarification for a couple folks here, you guys do know that the "Battle Hymm of the Republic" which the Cadets played was written during the Civil War in 1861, nearly 100 years before the Troopers took the field. My guess would be that Cadets played it because of its historical significance, not as any kind of tribute to our friends from Casper.

While Battlehymn was written in the Civil War, the particular arrangement they did was called Trooper's Battlehymn, written by a Mr. Gary Gilroy, taking the piece, and arranging it to become a tribute to Jim Jones and the Troopers.

CBS's overnight news show had a few brief seconds of the Colts in a story on the parade.