Most obscure corps you ever saw/competed against

The Imperial Guard, Indiana - remember them being huge!!

The Vaqueros - Wheaton, IL

The Hornets - Chicago, IL

Wausau Story - Wausau, WI

River City Railmen - Omaha, NE

Spirit of '76 - chicago Area - Senior Corps - The Drum Major's nickname was "Lurch"

Also from Chicagoland, the Regal Valiants from Villa Park, IL.

Robert

Others to add:

The Imperial Guard, Indiana - remember them being huge!!

The Vaqueros - Wheaton, IL

The Hornets - Chicago, IL

Wausau Story - Wausau, WI

River City Railmen - Omaha, NE

Spirit of '76 - chicago Area - Senior Corps - The Drum Major's nickname was "Lurch"

What about Union Pacific from Nebraska. Trying to recall if they and Railmen one in the same ?

76 is from Racine. Gary Wright was also a Kiltie Senior DM in the 90's. :whistle:

What about Union Pacific from Nebraska. Trying to recall if they and Railmen one in the same ?

I remember that the Railmen were sponsored by Union Pacific. I am sure that this is the same corps. I think that we competed against them in the 70's. (Troopers)

76 is from Racine. Gary Wright was also a Kiltie Senior DM in the 90's. :devil:

Kinda misread that one yesterday....

Spirit of 76 was the rename of Boys of '76 when they added females.

Spirit of St Louis (what I thought I read yesterday :ph34r: ) was a Sr corps from (duh :whistle: ) St Louis. Think they were sponsored by a all-Black American Legion Post. Yeah had all-Black Posts back in the day, the one on my home town is one of the few city Posts still open.

LOL, NanciD had a pic of the Hershey Chocolatiers in the Guess Who thread earlier. :devil:

Thanks for keeping this one going folks. I'm learning about Jrs I never heard of. :devil:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

The Ambassadors were from Hurley. Had a girlfriend in Ambassadors and Blue Knights at the same time.

It was tough not getting caught at Nationals in 72. :whistle:

How did she mange to march for both corps at the same time? :devil:

How did she mange to march for both corps at the same time? :whistle:

One went to Nationals and one did not???

I remember the "Thing" from 1978 or 79. It was a combining of three even smaller corps, and the story was that someone said "What are we going to call this thing?", so they did. We saw them just a couple of times, with scores not much over 20 or 30.

I remember the "Thing" from 1978 or 79. It was a combining of three even smaller corps, and the story was that someone said "What are we going to call this thing?", so they did. We saw them just a couple of times, with scores not much over 20 or 30.

1973. Merger between Milwaukee St. Pat's Imperials and Cedarburg Mercury Thunderbolts. Uncle Roman always loved those VWs. :cool:

If there was a later incarnation, it was a copy.

Also from Chicagoland, the Regal Valiants from Villa Park, IL.

Robert

good story regarding the Valiants.

We had a bus break down in Chicago in 1985 or maybe 1986 over the 4th of july weekend. Well the corps ended up buying an old Valiants bus to finish our 1st tour. During the break between corps Ted had the bus cleaned up and painted to match the othe three, we got the other one fixed during the break, so after the break we came back out with 4 matching busses.

Just remembered it was the Vaqueros bus not the Valiants bus that we bought. still another obscure corps.

Edited by bluecoats88