Best crowds/Worst crowds you've played for.

Kind of going off of the the "best/worst fields" topic.

For me, the best crowd I've ever performed for was in Massillon, OH in 2008.

The most disappointing crowd I ever performed for was in Canton, OH in 2007 at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Stadium. I thought that home show = automatic awesome crowd. Nay nay. Hardly a peep from them.

A (very) close second would have to be J.B.C. in Allentown in 2007. I felt like we were rehearsing in uniform for lack of crowd response.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst crowd- seemingly every other show I marched in because the corps I marched in always went on early, and half the people who came to the show were out in the lot watching drummers hit things.

Best crowds- 2 I can remember off the top of my head. One was Madison 2002 during finals week. People were really pulling for us all week. The other was in Baton Rouge 2001, the show in Tiger Stadium. The crowd gave us a decent reception, but they gave Scouts about a 5-minute standing ovation during retreat.

The other was in Baton Rouge 2001, the show in Tiger Stadium.

I really wish there was still a show there. Such an amazing stadium! Gameday atmosphere there is awesome. And the second level is HIGH...and its such a great place, just...period! Ok, yeah, the field ain't great, but I hear they're trying to work on fixing that...maybe someday there'll be a show back there...I can only dream/wish/hope...

Worst crowd- seemingly every other show I marched in because the corps I marched in always went on early, and half the people who came to the show were out in the lot watching drummers hit things.

Yep..same for us in '06.

I can't think of specific places, but we had some good shows where the fans appreciated what we were doing. Those were the true drum corps fans..not the bandos!

Best for me was probably San Antonio and worst definitely had to be the Orlando crowd. Plus that stadium SUCKED.

'91 DCI South Finals- Birmingham,AL

The Crowd Response to our show ( Marauders) that night was unreal. We did the entire show in the Rain for the most part. I have a percussion Judges tape from that show and just WOW..The audible feedback from the stands on the tape was just AWESOME!!