And the results are....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you expand on this? Why have you decided, just now, that you're not going? And I'd like to hear from anyone who has expressed that sentiment only now, after the results have come out. A number of people have said they would like to see a wider selection of years, and I understand that complaint. But those people would have decided not to go from the time this particular Countdown was announced; they wouldn't have needed to wait for results. If the results displease you, why? What results would have pleased you, and would cause you to attend? I think if we had those thoughts being shared, we might have a more productive and positive discussion.

Remember, DCI only picked the years available, and the criteria for selection (i.e., six shows, two rounds of voting, one show per corps). The actual selection of the line-up rests with us fans. The shows that made it onto the screen are there because they got the most votes, which means that even if you're not pleased with every selection you probably voted for at least a show or two on there, right?

1 show out of 6 and i saw that show live which is better then in theaters. The only one i truly wanted to see was the one i was in and on a big screen. For the other 5 shows being shown i saw one of them over 5 times live so it really doesnt mean a thing to me. The other 4 i hated. Not wasting my money were i can save it and march again or just by DVDs and make my own countdown.

For all those who say "Meh" or Not goin' . . .

You are here because you love this activity.

So . . . SUPPORT IT!

so say i love guns. does that mean i should give it to a 3yr old because i support people owning them?

Cadets didn't make the countdown.

Cadets have all sorts of narratingy talky artsy shows.

Fans have in the past and still to this day complain about these aspects of Cadets shows......

......the Fans voted......

......Cadets didn't make it......

(hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

personally, I don't see a connection.

(sarcasm: off)

P.S. although honestly I think if 2007 Bluecoats wasn't as bad ### a show as it was, the next choice would PROBABLY have been a Cadets show. Any way we can find out on that?

So.... can dci\fathomevents get the word out to theaters this year to kick the volume up to abnormally high levels? They never seem to get this.

Yeah I went to a nearby IMAX theater and they put us in one of the tiny side theaters and only had on speaker going. ###### me the #### off.

This made me giggle.

And no, not refering to 2008 Regiment as bando. I just know the reaction that will take place. It'll be something like this.

"ZOMFG!!11 2008 REGIMJMUNT IS EPIC. FULL OF WIN. ALL UTHER CORS IS TEH SUXORS!!1ONE! I;'M TOTTALLY GIVIN UP BARI SAX TO LEARN MELLO AND MARCH REGIMUNT NEXT YEAR!!!1 I AM SPATAKUS!!!!"

lol I believe this to be a pretty accurate sentiment.

i have every year on finals on dvd except 73 which isnt out yet.

i can have friends come here, have abeer or 3, everyone brings a dish...viola. same effect, we can see shows we want ( which may be some of those in the countdown, plus stuff beyond the last few years)....and have even more fun being able to rewind if we see something cool...slo mo...freeze frame...you name it.

so for less, i can have more selection of shows and still have the same feeling of fun with friends.

and, sorry DCI, but I can save a few bucks, which to many people is more important right now

Sounds like a really fun idea. I wish I had all those DVDs... that would be pretty sick.

I also wish I had friends... what are those like? ...just kidding.

but really

P.S. although honestly I think if 2007 Bluecoats wasn't as bad ### a show as it was, the next choice would PROBABLY have been a Cadets show. Any way we can find out on that?

Are you talking about final round of voting? Those numbers are on the linked page.

Last one in - 07 Bluecoats - 5803 votes

First one out - 05 Madison Scouts - 5357 votes (446 votes behind 07 Bluecoats)

Second one out - 05 Cadets - 4614 votes (1189 votes behind 07 Bluecoats)

Cadets didn't make the countdown.

Cadets have all sorts of narratingy talky artsy shows.

Fans have in the past and still to this day complain about these aspects of Cadets shows......

......the Fans voted......

......Cadets didn't make it......

(hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

personally, I don't see a connection.

(sarcasm: off)

The fans also voted for Bluecoats 2007, Crown 2007, and Blue Devils 2008, all of which used amplified voice. That's half the line-up.

yeah but they dont wear marroon LOL...and Crown and BD kept it to a minimum

I never pass up a chance to watch a Drum Corps show!

And although most of the corps I voted for did not make the Countdown… We have seen all the shows live… And we already have all the shows on DVD… I believe it’s important to support the activity in any way we can. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other fans, alumni, current marching members, and parents who live in our area. Last year my son met a FMM of his corps who marched in the 60s! They spent a lot of time sharing stories and the gentleman then came to a show later in the summer!