And the results are....

I was looking at the preliminary results and if I had just voted 5 more times (I voted 131 times for 12 shows) then Magic 2003 would have made the top 12 instead of Crossmen. I almost made a difference.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I voted more than once :rolleyes: Actually in that first round there were so many shows I wanted to vote for that I had to go back and vote for several different lineups - with my very favorite shows getting some repeats, of course.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those who say "Meh" or Not goin' . . .

You are here because you love this activity.

So . . . SUPPORT IT!

Seriously? You want me to support something I don't agree with? You want me to fork out money to see shows that are less than 6 years old and shows that I can watch anytime I want through the the Fan Network or the DVD's? Really??

Sorry, you go right ahead and offer your support. That's great! But until it gets back to the format where shows that are older then my kids are shown (that would be 13+ years), it's just not worth it to me. Just like I wouldn't expect you to go and see my band play a gig just because a few of us marched in drum corps. I'll be more than happy to support The Countdown if it ever goes back to that format. As much as I loved Phantom and Blue Stars last year or Crown and Bluecoats from the year before, I'm not going to fork out money to see shows that are still in my recent memory just to make nice with the kiddies and say "Ain't DCI grand?". I'd rather spend the money on a night out with my family doing something we'd all enjoy.

Seriously? You want me to support something I don't agree with? You want me to fork out money to see shows that are less than 6 years old and shows that I can watch anytime I want through the the Fan Network or the DVD's? Really??

Firstly, you're obviously a little tense. This is supposed to be fun, right? Secondly, you can't possibly equate the experience of watching something on a computer screen in your basement to watching and hearing something on a movie theater screen, mastered specifically for an auditorium setting. Thirdly, yes, I do want you to support something you don't agree with. It happens every day in a democracy. DCI asks its fans what they want, and we the people tell them we want better quality video and audio. So, they offer us a selection of shows from the best audio and video they have, and we the people get to pick which shows we want. The kids who marched over the past few summers – the age group most likely to want to go to the movies on a Wednesday night to begin with – haven't had the chance yet to sit with their friends and watch the show on a big screen. Sure, it's been on the DVD player in my living room since the day it got here, but it's obviously not the same as sitting in a digital movie theater.

And if you were to invite me to see your band, and if I was in your area, I WOULD actually come to see it. Why? Because a few of you marched in drum corps.

Lighten up, dude. Here's a gift from me to you: A great day for skajerk

Is that all? Are you sure you don't want to blow this out of proportion just a little bit more?

Look, I just said that I'm not going. I know it's common for you folks to blow up about trivial things like this, but seriously. Chill.

We most certainly will be keeping our chardonnay bottles of Mellofone08 WhINE chilled. Mmmmmmm, that is going to be some sweet nectar to consume before the show! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Wow I would never guess any of those corps would be picked. (if I could roll my eyes any further I'd be looking at brain matter)

Five of the six performances I voted for are in the final Countdown lineup. Not too bad!

Next year, DCI management can just give me a shout.... I'll name six performances I'd like to see from a given time frame, and they can pick five of those six. It'll save a lot of time. :rolleyes:

Fran

Pretty good percentage! I am batting .500....3 of 6 made it.

But the others are great shows too, so I plan on going!

No blue stars, crossmen, or glassmen...why not vote for corps we haven't seen in theaters yet. Give some other kids the oppurtunity to be on the big screen

When people are being asked to vote for their favorites, why expect something like that to happen? Me, I'd rather see 05 Cadets again and 08 Glassmen, but they are not there.

I think their 2008 show is EASILY one of their worst designed shows since Hopkins took over as director. I'm not surprised it placed so low.

I agree. Not even taking the narration in to account that show had issues all season and it was due to kind of a convoluted design that seemed to be an afterthought to the narration, or at least it had that feel to it, and then they spent all season trying to make it work but just couldn't. It's a shame because I could tell the Talent of the kids themselves was incredible! Cadets always seem to have the best talent but it seems that sometimes the design team misses with their choices and (I know as any design team can) that's mainly what hurts them some years.

Every time I've gone to a theater to see one of these, I've had nothing but fun...

Same here. Barbara and I are going on May 13. We have two drum corps friends who are more into the "old school" stuff, but they're planning on going, too. They like the fact that it's drum corps, it's a nice night out with friends, etc.

And as I've said before...I'll add popcorn, air conditioning and comfortable theater seats to the mix. :rolleyes:

I wish the Blue Stars' '08 show had made the Countdown this year.... and yes, it would be nice in future years if some shows from the 70's-80's-90's could be added back to the lineup, but overall I'm fine with the results.

Fran