Music from past shows you'd like to hear again

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star of Indiana - Belshazzar's Feast (1990)

Bridgemen - In the Stone

27th - The entire 1980 show, note for note

SCV - Young Person's Guide

BD - Legend of the One Eyed Sailor

Muchachos - 1975 show

Suncoast Sound - 1985 show

Phantom - Elsa's Procession

Cheers!

Karen

:tongue:

I think I already said it in this thread, but Belshazzar's Feast could be great again with a very gifted arranger and equally gifted hornline.

I'd bet money we'll hear a part of this from Star Alumni ("Praise Ye" the most likely chart)

SCV - Bottle Dance

27th Lancers - Folk Song Suite, Danny Boy

Bridgemen - Pagliacci, In the Stone

Spirit - Georgia on my Mind, Let it Be Me

Bluecoats - Autumn Leaves

Nothing "Old School" about that top four.

Great charts!

Hey Mike, Thanks for remembering one of my old early California corps. The Joaquin Caballeros. Do you remember the name of that song?

I could be mistaken, but didn't Blue Rock do "Midnight Cowboy" for concert back in the late 60s/early 70s???

1971 - IIrc, it was a kind of medley of "Everybody's Talkin'" (the old Harry Nilsson tune) and "Midnight Cowboy." I vaguely remember a bari solo and a soprano screamer.

Great show. "Quiet Village/Rain Chant," with "Baby Elephant Walk" jerry-rigged onto the end of it, (back when you could get away with that kind of programming/repertoire, hahahaha, lol!) was a fun number too. Blue Rock was a good corps, and very progressive for that time period. Definitely ahead of the curve!

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

Crossmen:

Baroque Samba

Birdland

Minuano

Third Wind

As much as I like Birdland, I do think it's one of those songs that should be put on a shelf and locked in a closet for 20 years.

I'd like to see Crossmen bring back Jack Miraculous. We had a good time performing to that.

Cool thing about music is you can listen to the same piece all the time and not get bored. Not like visual arts--ask yourself how many times have you watched your favorite movie and how many times have you listened to your favorite tune......the tune wins every time...just sayin'...............