Best Comeback after a "down" year

Although there are some consistently great performers, there are some corps that for what ever reason fall into some challenging times. Being an old timer, I can remember 1972 Madison had a challenging year, and came on really strong in 1973.

Any other examples out there? What turned the tide?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd like to say Santa Clara finishing 1st in 1981 after coming off 7th in 1980, but if I did that, all the moderators would freak out at the same time and immediately move your topic to the "historical junior drum corps" discussion forum. :thumbup:

So I won't. :thumbup:

Well, I'd like to say Santa Clara finishing 1st in 1981 after coming off 7th in 1980, but if I did that, all the moderators would freak out at the same time and immediately move your topic to the "historical junior drum corps" discussion forum. :thumbup:

So I won't. :thumbup:

80 to 81 was the first thing I've though t of. The 80 shows doesn't get alot of credit. The first Asymentitrcal (sic) drill. One of NO THE greatest drum solos ever

Cavaliers, 1998. They didn't win, but they set the foundation for winning scads of championships after the "calisthenic exercise" that was the '97 show.

The first ones I thought of included 27th Lancers, who were 20th in 1974 and 4th in 1975, and Kilties, who were 28th in 1976 and 10th in 1977.

27th Lancers, who were 20th in 1974 and 4th in 1975. Mike Boo nailed it.

:thumbup: This one has my vote. can't see that any other comes close

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Us. 4th place 1999 Cadets -------> 2000 Cadets, tied for first having an almost undefeated year. Hey, you may not think it was a great comeback, but I do lol...

Also, 4th place 2004 Cadets ------> 1st place 2005 Cadets. 2nd corps to have the highest score in DCI history.