Best Crossmen Show Ever

Best show, tie for me between 92, 97, 98

Favorites 90, 93, 94, 95 (not their identity, not their choice, but handled well), 2004

One thing Crossmen's show of almost any year has a monopoly on are ballads. Especially since the post no-ballad 2003: Both Sides Now, So Far Away, If I Had My Way, The Crow (collage of show themes and one of the most conceptually underrated ballads ever), What A Wonderful World, and this year's My Immortal.

It really doesn't get much better than that for your classic, dripping-with-emotion ballads... And as well with the Thurston, Hannum, and Beddis drumlines...

The Crow is underrated because no one knows what it sounds like... field placement was awful. Have heard some some other recordings of it, awesome stuff. COuld have been amazing if you could hear the whole thing... and if the hornline wasn't close to awful that year :worthy:

but yes, they do seem to know how to do a ballad.

Our drumline was top eight for about half the summer,

The hornline/Guard was 12 to 15 somewhere.

A judge scored our drumline...then later gave them a lower score (half a point) but commented that there was "much improvement!!"

I don't think there's a single Crossmen ballad that I haven't loved. Always one of my favorite ballads on the field every year.

Wow. hard. Love 1982, 1983, and 1981.

1997 and 1992 are awesome.

2002 was absolutely awesome and deserved higher

1990 was a shock, from the first opening brass notes to the final guard triangle "push" in the closer, but, to me, hands down, no contest, not even close: 1991

One of the best not only Crossmen shows but drum corps shows of all time !!!!

~G~

c'mon 1976 YES YES YES

c'mon 1976 YES YES YES

Overture to a New Era

Spanish Trip

Let's Hear it for Me

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Tico-Tico

Color My World

Make Me Smile

A quote from my sister's diary written four days after the disqualification.

Aug. 6, 1976

"11AM. We’re now on the road to Florida, four hours off. Last night’s exhibition (in Gadsden, Alabama) was a dream come true. It was THE PERFORMANCE. We didn’t psych up at all like we did the night before. We just got off the bus, got dressed, went on the field and did it. There were at least 2 massive standing O’s, one of them following the concert. There are no words. It felt like we had just made DCI and maybe better. The judges, especially those from the East are on our side. ------ World Open is on. UOEC is on. What’s phenomenal is that this disaster has contributed to our growth. We’ve improved more than we would have had things been okay. Maybe it is not a disaster after all. "

Edited by xbones7480

1992, 2002 and 2004..... I loved the overall show concept & ballad of 2004.

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

Overture to a New Era

Spanish Trip

Let's Hear it for Me

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Tico-Tico

Color My World

Make Me Smile

A quote from my sister's diary written four days after the disqualification.

Aug. 6, 1976

"11AM. We’re now on the road to Florida, four hours off. Last night’s exhibition (in Gadsden, Alabama) was a dream come true. It was THE PERFORMANCE. We didn’t psych up at all like we did the night before. We just got off the bus, got dressed, went on the field and did it. There were at least 2 massive standing O’s, one of them following the concert. There are no words. It felt like we had just made DCI and maybe better. The judges, especially those from the East are on our side. ------ World Open is on. UOEC is on. What’s phenomenal is that this disaster has contributed to our growth. We’ve improved more than we would have had things been okay. Maybe it is not a disaster after all. "

Thanks for sharing that. I wish everyone kept diaries. And shared the stuff that could be shared.

• 2 years later...

I say for me...The best Crossmen show ever was the 1992 Crossmen in Allentown PA....That brassline literally peeled paint and tore my face off....I love them for that....I wish I could build a time machine an go back and experience that live performance JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!:worthy:

...I'm sorry but video just does not do this show justice!