The Official INT 2009 Discussion thread

Some people will just never get it.

And for those of us who DO get it, INT lives on in our hearts and our souls, stimulating our brainwaves and caressing our angst-ridden countenances. INT is the great equalizer of drum corps fans. It comes for all, whether desired or not. INT cannot be fought, it can only be appreciated, and the more one gives in to INT, the more one will appreciate it for what it is.

INT is the soft cry of a baby as it's taken to a diaper change station. INT is the rumbling of one's intestines two hours after one too many hot dogs, as well as the gentle rushing of water when urinals flush.

INT is the common denominator can only be divided by the number "1."

INT will endure despite the criticisms. It is too much a part of our drum corps culture to do anything but.

Champions may come and go, but INT remains our only constant.

That was beautiful :smile:

Int will continue to perform despite this criticism.

Some people will just never get it.

And for those of us who DO get it, INT lives on in our hearts and our souls, stimulating our brainwaves and caressing our angst-ridden countenances. INT is the great equalizer of drum corps fans. It comes for all, whether desired or not. INT cannot be fought, it can only be appreciated, and the more one gives in to INT, the more one will appreciate it for what it is.

INT is the soft cry of a baby as it's taken to a diaper change station. INT is the rumbling of one's intestines two hours after one too many hot dogs, as well as the gentle rushing of water when urinals flush.

INT is the common denominator can only be divided by the number "1."

INT will endure despite the criticisms. It is too much a part of our drum corps culture to do anything but.

Champions may come and go, but INT remains our only constant.

To which I can only add:

INT is the roar of air expelled from every lung and the unheard pounding of a thousand hearts throughout every stadium when INT takes the field.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Just happened to catch them rehearsing their night show.

INTNightShow.jpg

Just stunning, isn't it?

Puppet

This show is gonna look GREAT under the lights!!!

I have to say, as a member of the INT Booster Club, that I'm very disappointed in DCI right now. Earlier this winter, I wrote DCI asking how we could get our own block of Super Premium seats to sell to our top donors, as well as a seat on the board and a vote at DCI Rules Congresses, and DCI ignored my guts. Not even the courtesy of a reply. It's just typical of the second-class treatment this corps receives up and down the line.

I pointed out that INT has a long record of being seeded as high as fourth from the top, at local shows, and even sixth from the top at some finals shows not too long ago. Still nothing.

It seems from your post that INT seems invisible to the Powers That Be at DCI HQ.

It seems from your post that INT seems invisible to the Powers That Be at DCI HQ.

But the revenue stream generated by INT has got to raise at least a couple of DCI eyebrows.

Puppet

Yeah, you guys are right. DCI really ticks me off, sometimes. But I know how to get their attention, and get them to treat INT with more respect.

If you're with me on this, DCPers, at every show you attend this season, when INT takes the field, get up and walk out of the stands in silent protest. Go out and spend money on concessions and souveniers. Don't come back until the next corps is ready to take the field. When they see our unity, they'll have no choice but to give us our seats and our vote on the board for 2010.

I think INT's key move was the hiring of some members of the Stealthmen's staff a couple of years ago. Their knowledge of the cutting-edge, still controversial "blend into the field" show concept has really helped put INT on the map, IMO.

Fran

I heard INT will be making a special performance at the DCI Countdown.

What Year will that show be?

I don't want to spoil but I've waited this long to ask!

INT FTW BFF WTF WWW COM ADD CIA!