Hardest show music

In 2005, Mark Waymire told me that SW's book was the hardest that year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally, I think BD 93's brass book was unreal(as was their performance). Drums would have to go to CBC 89'.

93 Cadets and Cavaliers 2001 and 2003 comes to mind just based on the pure speed of most of the show for ALL sections of the corps. The battery was absolutely flying when they had their solos during the 2nd movement in Cadets 93.

Based on a brass book alone, I'd say BD 91 & 93, Bridgemen 78, Madison 79, and Star 90.

'91,93 BD......That '91 book wasn't anything short of Stellar IMHO...First time I heard that at on Tour in '91 I was speechless. WOW!!

'90-93 Star....Two Words come to mind " MELLO BOOK" when hearing that '91 Line that summer. Smoking!!

'97 Cadets.....Best Cadets horn book

'93 Cadets

Edited by Zeke

1983 Madison-Colas Breugnon Overture

97 Cadets had a pretty crazy horn book. Especially in the early season, they definately tamed it down a bit before finals and even then it was insane.

Star of Indiana had some extremely difficult stuff (1990-1993) that they achieved with much skill. Their control on sound was far superior to anything I've ever heard on the field.

1993 For sure. Barber & Bartok just amazing that they made it seem so easy. I've said it before, that show in it's entirety seemed to me to be the first that the music wasn't bent to fit the drill. Like the "Pines" show of 1991 Star of Indiana was way, way ahead of it's time.

Puppet