I dunno about you,

Yes.

Nice to see you again. :tongue:

And I'm glad the season is almost here. We'll finally have more to talk about other than these other useless threads.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think The Cadets ever really lost the crowd... just some of the members on DCP. After seeing The Cadets several times over the course of 2008, I think that despite the fact that the quality of the performance wasn't at the same level as 2007, the crowd appreciated what they were doing on the field. The final minute of the show was as exciting of a drum corps moment as I have ever seen, and the crowd at finals seemed to think so as well.

I think that this will be a markedly special year for them, though.

For me one of the most compelling stories will be the fan turnout the first three weeks of the season. These are all long term DCI partners or corps sponsored shows that most fans have attended year after year. If economic conditions keep fans away that will not bode well for the balance of the season. Corps need funds from souvenir sales at every show to make their budgets. I for one can't find a compelling reason to attend more than one show before July 11th.

I'm actually adding a few shows to my viewing this year. I engineered my family's vacation so we could be in Albuquerque on June 23 for the Troopers first show. Should be a fantastic show given the lineup: SCV, Troopers, Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Academy and Incognito. I'm looking forward to seeing what all of these corps are bringing to the field!

And then I'll be at Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and possibly Denton. I usually only attend 1-2 Texas shows, so at least one fan is spending a bit more for tickets this year.

not everyone can be spoiled by california weather, lol

It was 95 degrees here in some parts of SoCal today! I'd like to see 75 degree weather! LOL

I'm excited too!

I'll be at souvie stands in June. I support Drum Corps despite any conditions.