BLUE KNIGHTS - 2009 Show Announcement

Personally I find it amusing that most people who tell the world they don't like BK's "weird" shows will go ahead and worship Star of Indiana 1993 for being "out there".

If BK quit, maybe there'd be a different reaction to past shows?

That said, what Star 93 was is what I'd like to see BK become. Right now it feels like a vast majority of the movement that BK does isn't being appreciated because of its staging. Moments in Star 93 like the triangle block stuff let you appreciate the individual visual aspect more because you can see how it effects the overall form, where as BK's moments of movement are often spread out on the field, too far to recognize what everyone is doing.

I'm hoping the new drill designer will rectify this.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it has some potential to be a cool show.

I know BK tends to be one of the unpopular corps like people have already stated. Most people just don't get it right away. Some corps and shows you can just "get" immediately. Corps like BK produce shows that take time to "get." Most people aren't willing to think about shows too much, which is fine for them. However, if you are one to contemplate shows then BK probably appeals to you. To each his own...

And at least BK is trying to establish an identity. Come on people...ease up on the "WTF is up with the body movements and hand painted flags?" etc. Its what they do.

Personally I find it amusing that most people who tell the world they don't like BK's "weird" shows will go ahead and worship Star of Indiana 1993 for being "out there".

I found it "out there", but don't praise it for that. I actually don't care for it that much. That being said, I will now find a place to camp out and hide from whatever may be flung at me, because I feel I've started something awful.

I found it "out there", but don't praise it for that. I actually don't care for it that much. That being said, I will now find a place to camp out and hide from whatever may be flung at me, because I feel I've started something awful.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I get #### all the time because I don't like most CCrown shows. :laughing:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I get #### all the time because I don't like most CCrown shows. :laughing:

So you couldn't wait for "Finis" to finis? That one was kinda weak, but at least i didn't try my hand at replacing night with knight lol.

Looks like it has some potential to be a cool show.

I know BK tends to be one of the unpopular corps like people have already stated. Most people just don't get it right away. Some corps and shows you can just "get" immediately. Corps like BK produce shows that take time to "get." Most people aren't willing to think about shows too much, which is fine for them.

This is kind of slippery slope position to take isn't it? There are a lot of fans out there that may only see one drum corps show a year...or perhaps two. If BK (Or any other or for that matter) doesn't design a show that can be digested in one viewing......they are not connecting with the masses. In an activity such as drum corps...it is crucial to keep every fan possible....even if they only attend one show a year. I think that's why fans have been disappointed with BK....a little lack of connection. Glassmen struggled with this (IMO) for a handful of years as well....

And at least BK is trying to establish an identity. Come on people...ease up on the "WTF is up with the body movements and hand painted flags?" etc. Its what they do.

I love these two items about BK......they are BK trademarks.

I just wish they were musically connecting with me more.......seems like I am not alone....

Edited by Triple Forte