Drumline Colors

Dynasty brass instruments may be fine, but their percussion, when used on a daily basis, is the worst excuse for a musical instrument I have ever seen. The quads break in half, the snare shells cave in, the basses lugs and rims break, the keyboard keys break, the keyboard frames break. If it wasn't for the lifetime warranty, nobody would use Dynasty.

Wow...really? Please don't exaggerate. There's a reason that Blue Devils, Glassmen, Phantom, Rhythm X, Northcoast Academy, Matrix, RCC, etc....use their drums.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...really? Please don't exaggerate. There's a reason that Blue Devils, Glassmen, Phantom, Rhythm X, Northcoast Academy, Matrix, RCC, etc....use their drums.

I don't know a whole lot about Dynasty drums life span, but a lot of those corps you mention are most likely getting them for free. One good reason to play them. Possibilities?????

4952_106457282640_21330342640_1850379_2302978_n.jpg

or email me directly at eric@carolinacrown.org

Edited by njthundrrd

I hope they paint the harnesses white...

given that only one of them is black, and the rest are all white, i'd say it's pretty obvious that they will...

Dynasty makes good, solid equipment. I personally play a Dynasty 4/4 marching tuba in a concert band, and I love it. My community marching band also uses Dynasty drums, and they work just fine for us. I know they don't have the best reputation from their past equipment, but neither does Jupiter, and look, Phantom Regiment is using both Dynasty drums and Jupiter horns. I guess it just goes to show that when the market opens for companies to step up and compete, things change.

The reason I don't like dynasty drums is their sound. I think they sound terrible in comparison to Pearl drums or Yamaha drums. They just don't sound right to me. :thumbup:

Dynasty brass instruments may be fine, but their percussion, when used on a daily basis, is the worst excuse for a musical instrument I have ever seen. The quads break in half, the snare shells cave in, the basses lugs and rims break, the keyboard keys break, the keyboard frames break. If it wasn't for the lifetime warranty, nobody would use Dynasty.

i would say the horns are crap and the drums/pit equipment are amazing.

phantom's finish is the same as a finish i used to recover some drums a few years ago.

here's a well lit view

pearl2.jpg

Jersey Surf also had a similar finish last year, just not as dark

My God......that is the sexiest drum finish I've ever seen.....I'm drooling...and I'm a brass guy!

Now that in red......