Will G bugles eventually become extinct?

Is there a possibility that in a few decades' time, there will be absolutely no market for G bugles, no companies will manufacture them, nor will any company ever be able to manufacture them again because the instructions, tooling, etc. will have all been lost? And these existing instruments will all be destroyed, meaning the G bugle itself will become completely extinct?

Just something to think about.

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's already happening except for a few people who own their own and some classic G horns

how much would one cost now?

I hope not...but I think that possibility exists. Honestly, I prefer the sound of the G bugles....they were specifically made for the purpose of playing in an outdoor environment. They projected much better. I honestly don't like all the changes in drum corps, (including the grounded pit) but a few of us can't stop what people consider to be progress. i consider the 70's to be the best years in drum corps, but you can't go back.

If drum corps survives another generation, the young people in junior corps today will be srcatching their heads....wondering what happened to the old days. It S..U..C...K...s to get old.

The Commandant's Own isn't going anywhere so I would say no.

The Marine Corps will still use G Bugles as long as there is a Commandant's Own.

2-valve Gs

I think they'll probably move to 3 valvers next upgrade (someone had mentioned that on here a while back) . . .but, yeah, as long as the service corps are out there, there will be some units in G.

Maybe the Empire Statesmen (from DCA) will stay in G for a good little while too. :tongue:

G is here to stay, G will be RAW, G will be Loud, G will be awesome :blink:

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Bb will always WIN :tongue: