Dennis Dodd... again?

Right so maybe then a petition should be written and word should be spread nation wide that "band nerds" are going to boycott CBS and not read or watch their network. Or if enough word gets out to ahem rival networks that are competing against CBS, maybe they too join in the 'cause... Yes it's unlikely and yes it would have to start locally, but I am that pssionate aboiut it... Look I don't know what you do for a living or any of you that say just drop it, but my job is music education.... I am not going to sit and let some A@#hole and the company he works for get away with cheapening the students/teachers that participate in band, by slandering them.... If that makes it a bottom line then so be it... Just like you say I won't change his mind, u aren't going to change mine.... Again it is a two way street.... If you never fight then you can't expect to win, bottom line!! I don't know about u, but I sure have seen some Networks in the past few years issue apologies when enough of an uproar was caused. It does happen..

Wes P

You're not going to change their minds. Every little group in the country tries this every time they find themselves attacked/criticized/mocked in some way, and it has never worked. Ever. In life. Ignore it and at least you will have some peace in your life, but the more you scream at it the more he's going to do it, because it keeps bringing in the revenue. It's not a moral issue, it's an issue of people taking the bait he's casting. If you'd like to continue wasting your time, feel free of course, but be aware that you're only helping him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so maybe then a petition should be written and word should be spread nation wide that "band nerds" are going to boycott CBS and not read or watch their network.

Wes, c'mon, seriously. A petition? An organized boycott? Here comes column #3, #4...

You're not going to change their minds. Every little group in the country tries this every time they find themselves attacked/criticized/mocked in some way, and it has never worked. Ever. In life. Ignore it and at least you will have some peace in your life, but the more you scream at it the more he's going to do it, because it keeps bringing in the revenue. It's not a moral issue, it's an issue of people taking the bait he's casting. If you'd like to continue wasting your time, feel free of course, but be aware that you're only helping him.

That of course Dave is your opinion, and u are entitled to it.... For ever one of you that says it is not a good idea there is another person to say it is worthwhile.... You still miss the point my man, it is not about changing his mind, it is about advocacy.... Back in the day Women couldn't vote, so a little group of them started screaming and hollering and guess what? Peeople have always fought for what they believe in and that's what America is... Dennis Dodd is not the only one out there right now that is abusing their powers of journalism and unless people start coming together to Holler a bit, nothing can be done... I wrote this thread to be an advocacy about writing CBS and Dennis to show support for "Band Memebers," which by the way, shock of all shocks, are also "Drum Corps" members... So if people don't like it, that's cool, but I wrote this thread and it was for the purpose I set it up to be. I'd say by the response of the fellow DCPers enough of them disagree with you and other disenters... Don't like it, that's cool, but post that you don't on another thread, this one is to show outrage at a Media Institution and writer for it's poor judgement in writing this article!! By the way if you're wasting time to argue with me about this topic doesn't it make it a waste of time on your part, it's still a two way street!

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp

Wes, c'mon, seriously. A petition? An organized boycott? Here comes column #3, #4...

Read my thread below, go ahead and keep doing nothing, it seems to suit u... America is all about just going with the flow, huh? No one should ever stand up for anyone... We should just turn the other cheek and get on with our lives unless it affects us and our bottom line.... Whatever man... :doh:

Wes P

Back to the main point of this article.... if you feel outraged please feel free to write to these people and show your disgust, if u don't that's cool, but I don't care. This thread was started to be in support of "band geeks" Plenty of space on DCP for more stuff that we should or shouldn't do...

Wes P

Wes, if you want to fight this guy then go out and advertise for DCI shows in your area. Find someone new and bring them into the activity. You'll never get anywhere by writing to Dodd directly - who's going to read it but him? Don't just tell someone that their stereotypes are wrong. Show them.

That of course Dave is your opinion, and u are entitled to it.... For ever one of you that says it is not a good idea there is another person to say it is worthwhile.... You still miss the point my man, it is not about changing his mind, it is about advocacy.... Back in the day Women couldn't vote, so a little group of them started screaming and hollering and guess what? Peeople have always fought for what they believe in and that's what America is... Dennis Dodd is not the only one out there right now that is abusing their powers of journalism and unless people start coming together to Holler a bit, nothing can be done... I wrote this thread to be an advocacy about writing CBS and Dennis to show support for "Band Memebers," which by the way, shock of all shocks, are also "Drum Corps" members... So if people don't like it, that's cool, but I wrote this thread and it was for the purpose I set it up to be. I'd say by the response of the fellow DCPers enough of them disagree with you and other disenters... Don't like it, that's cool, but post that you don't on another thread, this one is to show outrage at a Media Institution and writer for it's poor judgement in writing this article!! By the way if you're wasting time to argue with me about this topic doesn't it make it a waste of time on your part, it's still a two way street!

Wes P

This is hardly comparable. This is the same as when someone comes on here and starts posting nonsense to try to aggravate people. When that happens, we always say to hit the report button and we'll take care of it--because that's the best way to reduce trolling not just in that instance but in general. If someone who enjoys doing that thinks he's found a good space to be a jerk, he'll keep finding ways to come back, but if the only thing that happens is people report him and he gets banned, he'll get bored and go elsewhere. The only difference is, this guy happens to be making money by being a troll. You can "advocate" all you want, but all you'll do is encourage him to keep on going, and as long as the hits increase and the advertisers get seen, they won't care. That is the modern media.

You're not righting any social wrongs here, nor is this an issue of discrimination. Again, if you want to waste your time, feel free. But every letter you send him will encourage him to keep on doing what he's doing. You don't call up the local radio show to scream at the jock for making outrageous comments--that's what he wants. It shows people are listening. You ignore it and change the station. Same with this: close the window and ignore it, and it'll die on the vine. Feed it and it grows.

Should'a reminded him of teh Cap Reg incident a few years back....and THAT was deliberate!

I remember that! We (Blue Stars) had just gotten off the field about 10-15 minutes prior to the incident. It's a darn shame that people can't respect each other and deal with issues in a mature fashion.

I have a mind to find this guy and give him a good 1 - 2 punch.

I sent him an email, not necessarily explaining why bands are worthy but merely stating that he should grow up and be more open to suggestion. The fact that he won't even consider letting his kids participate in band is sickening. I'd hate to be his kids.

Some people will be really insulted by this ########, I'm one of them. If we want to give him a piece of our mind then we will. If you don't give two hoots about it then fine. The guy is a major idiot and probably wouldn't say all this #### if we were face to face. He's THAT guy.