Dennis Dodd... again?

Not worth the time or energy of a response. He's a tool.

Nice work outta Garry in Vegas for getting some e-ink, however!

edit: Sorry, Phil. Didn't mean to cop your verbiage in the very next post. You're right on.

Edited by MN DCI Fan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we just find out what games he is going to be covering this fall and let the college bands give this guy an education. I can see this guy messing his pants when his bald little head comes bobbing out of the press box and runs into the tuba section.

Let the idiot get his just desserts.

I say we just find out what games he is going to be covering this fall and let the college bands give this guy an education. I can see this guy messing his pants when his bald little head comes bobbing out of the press box and runs into the tuba section.

Let the idiot get his just desserts.

what would that be, an assault lawsuit against a bunch of college students? yeah that would teach him

Is it just me or did half of his responses make absolutely no sense?

You're right that most of them didn't make any sense, but it helped show a pattern! It appears that Dennis Dodd is the sports writing equivalent of Bill O'Reilly:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/06/th..._procedure.html

(not trying to start any kind of political debate here just pointing out some similarities)

It always amazes me what "journalists" come up with as "stories" for these main stream news outlets/networks... There is more sensationalized b.s. coming from these sources than the blog-o-sphere that they try to discredit at every turn!

Is it just me or did half of his responses make absolutely no sense?

They seemed deliberately chosen to be inflammatory and to mock the people he was responding to. Many of them made little or no sense. Did you notice that he was just as abusive to the readers that wrote to him about his legitimate sports articles? This guy can be dismissed as a failed attempt to be the shock-jock of sports writers. What an arse.

I salute Dennis Dodd, bandos deserve whatever abuse is thrown their way. I always thought the whole not allowing the breaking of rank was stupid anyway, especially if you're in a college marching band for chrissake.

Edited by stimmung

To expand upon my views of rank breaking, I marched in a corps that was unfortunately "hardcore" about those particular things, and boy was it stupid. Look, you're/we're all artists, we're creating art and happen to be wearing dumb uniforms and walking around really funny, why the adherence to stupid archaic military traditions what have no relevance to a society of supposedly intelligent individuals?

Those who write about sports can't play themselves.

Those who write about drum corps? Ooops.

How DARE YOU! :tongue: