Dennis Dodd... again?

Not anymore. The media as a whole is desperate for ratings, and if this is how they can drive them up, so be it. It's why there are shows upon shows that are essentially "let's put a bunch of people that hate each other in a house together and watch them hate each other," among many other "pushing the lowest common denominator" moves. In other words, don't count on seeing him go anywhere as long as people keep reacting to him.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's depressing that some people happily make money by doing stuff like that. Although it isn't out of the ordinary, I suppose. I think it's best to ignore him; he sees that if he picks on one group, his readership goes up. Sad, sad man.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is an idiot. But who really cares? Ultimately he is gonna feel the way he does regardless of what anyone has to say about it. He's probably never been nor will ever go to a band show or drum corps show so he will continue to be ignorant. No point really in getting worked up over what he has to say.

i didnt read what he had to said. he isnt worth the effort to hit the button.

and the more we all ignore him, the less attention he gets, and with luck, maybe he can get plowed over on the sidelines of a game.

Does anyone know the link to send a message directly to CBS? I only know the one to send a response to that thing that calls itself a writer.

Writing CBS about him is a mistake. When you write his bosses, they know you're paying attention to him. They take that as a positive sign. They aren't going to care that you didn't like what he said. Somebody objects to every commentary. That you took the time to write them means you are care about him and his message and it means you are being exposed to advertising when you read or watch him. They will pass your message on to him and he may use it to fuel or make fun of you in another commentary.

When people stop paying attention to him, CBS will get rid of him. If you must do something, figure out who is sponsoring his columns or on-air appearances, and write them. But honest, none of this is worth the time or effort you want to put into it.

He's an idiot who thrives on the abuse others hurl at him. I'm willing to bet he just barely got by in school and survived on his "whit". I wouldn't waste the 3 seconds on him that it would take to sign my name to an email.

It's an ideal example of why so many people distrust the media. You can't really trust what they tell you because they want to create controversy, which in turn creates more listeners or viewers, which in turn creates higher ratings so they can demand more money from their sponsors. It's a business, and it's not about truth - it's about money. Anytime they report something I remain skeptical and take it with a grain of salt.

all you need to read is his one comment that says he loved being compared to Jim Rome because he is a Rome fan. That told me right there the guy was an idiot and not worth my time or energy.