Dennis Dodd... again?

I do have to wonder why people on here care so much about what this idiot has to say. #### him. That's pretty much my take on it. By the way, are you all aware there is a drum corps season happening?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band cart being where it was was no different than many of the obstructions that are encroaching on the playing fields, and there is argument both ways. Breaking ranks is another issue, and should be settled by implanting a baritone horn in his skull.

That is what I was thinking! He could have just as easily run into a bench, water cooler or camera man on the sidelines.

Lets face it folks, in the football world the band is the FIRST to be mocked or blamed for something because were are supposedly "nerds". Seriously I have heard remarks like "the team lost today, I blame the band because they tore up the field during halftime." That doesn't make it right that we are being mocked.

We shouldn't be mocked as an activity or as just being people. This guy is the school bully that you probably feared in school and it doesn't seem right that he should just keep taunting people as a grown man. I say if you want to go after this guy then go for it. In the end I think he'll get his justice......slashed tires I mean :thumbup:

True justice would be some monster of a tuba player walking up to Dodd in public and daring him to call him a band geek to his face. Nothing would be more poetic than Dodd getting pwned by a "band geek".

True justice would be some monster of a tuba player walking up to Dodd in public and daring him to call him a band geek to his face. Nothing would be more poetic than Dodd getting pwned by a "band geek".

Or for him to try and break ranks of drum corps.... Talk about a beating, his weenie ### would get beat so fast he'd be begging to be called a band nerd...

Wes P

I do have to wonder why people on here care so much about what this idiot has to say. #### him. That's pretty much my take on it. By the way, are you all aware there is a drum corps season happening?

I think the reason everyone is so upset is because we've all (and I'm sure you're included) spent the majority of our marching musical lives trying to prove our worth and get respect. Yes, I know that a lot of people consider the activity we do to be the highest honor, but outside of our small world we hardly matter. I completely agree with you on the fact that we should just ignore him, but I also think that someone with a public outreach as large as his should be tamed down in some way. No single group should be battered as much as the marching world has been by Mr. Dodd.

If for no other reason, I think the marching world has met the essence of what it is we've been trying to fight, all in one article written by one person. Now that we have the chance to face this adversity directly, we're all making the most out of it. To be perfectly honest, I think a lot of us are taking out many years of frustration from outside parties on this one man, because we finally have a person to take it out on. If you read a lot of responses to his article, I'd say almost a majority of the people writing them cite specific events that have happened to themselves in the past. But I don't feel bad for him, I think many of us were just waiting for the first person to drop this kind of public display on the marching community.

Part of me wants to ignore him. Part of me wants to tear him apart (figuratively). Part of me also simply wishes there were a way to prove our worth to him specifically and make him see that we're a force to be reckoned with. I think he's gotten a glimpse of that simply from the uproar he's caused, and the reactions that he's seen. But I don't believe that he'll have any change of heart on the matter. I wish it were different, but I doubt it will be.

I'm also incredibly excited to go to Toledo tonight to see the Cadets and Cavies. I just hope it doesn't get rained out. Go Holy Name!

Edited by acolli17

This thread cracks me up about time some of the bandos got a reality check about their place in the grand scheme of American culture – I can’t help but to giggle to myself with all the talk of looking bad *** in a band uniform or even worse looking bad *** because of the way you wear your shakos - no one looks bad *** in a shako, ever

You know, when it was drum corps, really drum corps, not bando summer school, drum corps had more respect in the general community, partly because they weren’t bands or made up of bandos

Reap what you sow folks

now sniff it

Edited by cowtown

This thread cracks me up about time some of the bandos got a reality check about their place in the grand scheme of American culture – I can’t help but to giggle to myself with all the talk of looking bad *** in a band uniform or even worse looking bad *** because of the way you wear your shakos - no one looks bad *** in a shako, ever

You know, when it was drum corps, really drum corps, not bando summer school, drum corps had more respect in the general community, partly because they weren’t bands or made up of bandos

Reap what you sow folks

now sniff it

lol dude you're so funny and witty! I really liked the part where you cleverly called drum corps bands. I've never seen that before.

It's always been geek central, even when you marched. He's say the same thing about any group of kids running around tooting, banging and twirling things. Your rant was funny, though, and I hope it made you feel better.

You know, when it was drum corps, really drum corps, not bando summer school, drum corps had more respect in the general community, partly because they weren't bands or made up of bandos

Reap what you sow folks

now sniff it

Still a class act. Or something in the word class.....

You don't like it, get off the boards and stop #####ing about it.

K thanks.