Dennis Dodd... again?

Is it just me or did half of his responses make absolutely no sense?
If half of what Dennis Dodd writes makes sense, then he's batting way above his average.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one very good reason I can think of for not breaking ranks (aside from disrespect). Next time the drum major calls "horns up" tell me if you think it would be a good time to be breaking ranks.

Oh, and my 9 yr old son got trained in breaking ranks at his very first drum corps show. He completely understands and wouldn't break ranks if his life depended on it, which it could in some circumstances.

Oh, and my 9 yr old son got trained in breaking ranks at his very first drum corps show. He completely understands and wouldn't break ranks if his life depended on it, which it could in some circumstances.

Well now this is just ridiculous. I wouldn't ever break ranks, like most on here, but if my LIFE depended on it, you bet your Bb Tuba I'd break ranks. Some instances I can think of off the top of my head:

-Chased by an alligator

-Chased by a bear

-Chased by my wife

Well, chased by ANYTHING scary, I guess...

Well now this is just ridiculous. I wouldn't ever break ranks, like most on here, but if my LIFE depended on it, you bet your Bb Tuba I'd break ranks. Some instances I can think of off the top of my head:

-Chased by an alligator

-Chased by a bear

-Chased by my wife

Well, chased by ANYTHING scary, I guess...

:tongue:

Thanks . . . I literally laughed out loud in the middle of a class. I am now being stared at.

I've already sent him a thank you email

It's these kind of reponses that are going to fuel the fire more than any concerned e-mail. It's saying "you're right" and that is going to just make that head get bigger and bigger (if it's possible).

My fault for trying to start this thread again. I was just so angry, I didn't even want to search through forum topics to be able to express my opinion. I don't start topics that often, so I didn't think to look for it before I started it.

Honestly, I'd be a lot more outraged if he was attacking DRUM CORPS.

He's not attacking the whole pageantry world, he's got a screw loose about MARCHING BAND, but we're all taking it like he's flipping up his nose to the hard work we've done all summer in a DRUM CORPS, and not taking it as the attack on MARCHING BAND that it is.

And yes, it is classless and tactless, WHICH IS HIS POINT, to boost ratings or what not, and if you read his responses on his opinion page he's just using the ire all of YOU have sent him and flipped it around into making you all look like whiners.

What I suggest is if there's any traction going over his head to his bosses, power to you. Addressing him directly in ANY way, no matter HOW well said he will only flip it around to bolster his agenda.

My fault for trying to start this thread again. I was just so angry, I didn't even want to search through forum topics to be able to express my opinion. I don't start topics that often, so I didn't think to look for it before I started it.

Not a problem. :smile:

And yes, it is classless and tactless, WHICH IS HIS POINT, to boost ratings or what not, and if you read his responses on his opinion page he's just using the ire all of YOU have sent him and flipped it around into making you all look like whiners.

It would seem that he indeed feeds off of angry responses to his drivel. I don't think that his retorts make those who wrote to him look like whiners, though. They make him look like a pompous ###.

This:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=125720

is the recent DCP thread on the writer's second column on marching bands, if that's what you were looking to comment on, acolli.

I didn't comment in this thread, but I thought at the time it ran that it would be a huge mistake to email the guy negative feedback on his column. And that proved to be correct, because if I'm reading what people wrote in the above-linked thread correctly (it's not worth my time to read his second article), he used the email responses to make fun of the people who sent them. He's a troll. Interacting with trolls is always a bad idea. It only encourages them to continue trolling. I strongly recommend ignoring him. You're not going to change his mind, no matter what you say, to him or here.

Edited by Peel Paint