Thank You 2009 SCV

Sorry folks, didn't mean to cause mass hysteria. Just passing on what I heard.

Crm....if you too have a contact close to the organization, see if you can find out why their drill isn't nearly as difficult as it has been the past few years. I've heard reasons, but no sense in stirring the soup more than I already have.

I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem to have done them any favors the last few years.

I think they're moving in a more artistic direction....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer - I'm basing this only on the fan network video of SCV's first show...

This show has a 2005 vibe to it - a show that people are going to love but that will cause many personnel changes at season's end...

I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem to have done them any favors the last few years.

I think they're moving in a more artistic direction....

This show is about truth and beauty, not flim and flam. Stop, look and listen. I think you might enjoy it. Do a little research and discover what is behind this design. Try to appreciate something that is both different and unique. That, after all, is what the spirit of Martha Graham is all about. Artistry is not a dirty word. Just a forgotten one.

Can we just keep in mind that the people we talk about in this forum are real people? They are people with real feelings, emotions, and careers. It's not always possible for them to escape the reach of the words we type on these forums. This thread hasn't gotten too personal yet but I've seen good people absolutely ravaged on these forums because there is something people may not like about their artistic creations. For the sake of respect and the dignity of various big name staff members can we keep this positive and strength based? I would hate to see this thread go from rumors to personal attacks on people. Just thought I would put in my .02. :sad:

Thanks Spike.

Artistry is not a dirty word. Just a forgotten one.

:sad:

Disclaimer - I'm basing this only on the fan network video of SCV's first show...

This show has a 2005 vibe to it - a show that people are going to love but that will cause many personnel changes at season's end...

It better not cause any personnel changes!

This show is about truth and beauty, not flim and flam. Stop, look and listen. I think you might enjoy it. Do a little research and discover what is behind this design. Try to appreciate something that is both different and unique. That, after all, is what the spirit of Martha Graham is all about. Artistry is not a dirty word. Just a forgotten one.

Um, I fail to see where I said artistry was a dirty word.

Just watched the show. This show will be a contender if the drill is changed - a lot. It almost looked like they were moving in slow motion.

The music though - unreal. Brass is playing with power, and dynamics already. Just wish the pit weren't so amp'd that I couldn't hear the battery at all.

This is going to be one of my favorites of the year. Heck of a first show. Can't wait to see the final version.

I don't care if it's a contender or not. It's going to be on my iPod for sure, and that's been rare for most dci stuff recently. LOVE this arrangement more than any other put on a DCI field before.
Seconded.

I expect Vanguard to finish a little weaker competitively this year (then again, what do I know. . .), but that show, even if it finishes 95th, is going to be one to listen to again and again.

"Paging Key Poulan to the DCP Courtesy Phone .... Key Poulan to the DCP Courtesy Phone, please ..... there is a message for you."