2009 Rankings

IMHO, Renegades have been well beyond most other corps, including the Bucs, in power, technique, entertainment, and just plain originality. Bucs are clean and balanced- I'll give them that. However, I have never been blown away so much by a DCA corps as I have been by the Renegades. They should definitely be placing higher every year, if not winning. The stuff these people do with bugles is phenomenal. And just for the record, I'm from Alabama, so it's not a local bias or anything
Yer kiddin' us....right??

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, Renegades have been well beyond most other corps, including the Bucs, in power, technique, entertainment, and just plain originality. Bucs are clean and balanced- I'll give them that. However, I have never been blown away so much by a DCA corps as I have been by the Renegades. They should definitely be placing higher every year, if not winning. The stuff these people do with bugles is phenomenal. And just for the record, I'm from Alabama, so it's not a local bias or anything

Uhh no, not even close. You are obviously a Renegade or too much of a fan. I think its time you take those goggles off, they are blinding you just a little bit.

so how long has it been since the hurcs were ranked in 1st place? nice to see but i'm sure it won't last long. here come the bucs and empire.

Hmmm... okay. So what are the Renegades doing wrong... besides being a bit untraditional? Oh... and not copying old DCI shows...

Hmmm... okay. So what are the Renegades doing wrong... besides being a bit untraditional? Oh... and not copying old DCI shows...

You don't have to come on here an start drama...it's been clean so far so lets keep it that way.

If you have an opinion that could offend someone keep it to yourself.

See ya :thumbup:

It's more than just the horns tho, it is the full package that wins the show and IMO Renegades haven't had one that was better than the winner any year since they started coming out in 2002. Some of their shows I've really liked and others, not as much, but never have I thought that show is going to win the whole thing. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong... I love the Renegades. But to think they've been better than Reading? No.

Edited by Contraholic

3 minutes of you tube doesn't constitute a complete show but just an offering of the performance. For the record, I really liked the 2005 corps, but they weren't anywhere near as good as the winner.

What are they doing wrong you ask? I'll take your flamebait and nibble it. That show, while good wasn't perfect by any means. Marching has some serious technique problems. Too many individuals sticking out. The drill was nice but from the high angle you could see bumps, divots and again, problems with the forms. The guard had a great evening as I recall and I did enjoy the drumline. But a winning show? Nope, not even close. Given the fact that 2005 was their best finish in DCA to date (5th place and a 93andchange) I'm not sure where you can claim that they should be winning every year and are better than the Bucs. You can't take a show from 4 seasons ago and judge it to today ~ different corps, different people, music, drill + instructors will equal a completely different product on the field for 2009. Could be better, and could be worse. We won't know until we see them unfortunately at finals.

So there on a Sunday that I haven't much to do I just gave what appears to be a troll way too much time. :thumbup:

3 minutes of you tube doesn't constitute a complete show but just an offering of the performance. For the record, I really liked the 2005 corps, but they weren't anywhere near as good as the winner.

What are they doing wrong you ask? I'll take your flamebait and nibble it. That show, while good wasn't perfect by any means. Marching has some serious technique problems. Too many individuals sticking out. The drill was nice but from the high angle you could see bumps, divots and again, problems with the forms. The guard had a great evening as I recall and I did enjoy the drumline. But a winning show? Nope, not even close. Given the fact that 2005 was their best finish in DCA to date (5th place and a 93andchange) I'm not sure where you can claim that they should be winning every year and are better than the Bucs. You can't take a show from 4 seasons ago and judge it to today ~ different corps, different people, music, drill + instructors will equal a completely different product on the field for 2009. Could be better, and could be worse. We won't know until we see them unfortunately at finals.

ditto - nice way to sum it up, Liz.

I have always enjoyed their shows. A couple times thought they should have placed higher. But never thought they got cheated out of first.