2009 Rankings

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to speak for myself and not for the corps. However, I think a lot of people feel we are going to go out and do what we are going to do because we love it. We do a show because we like the way it makes us and hopefully the audience feel. Do we want to win ...sure...do we see that we are at a decided advantage...yep. However, I think the staff designs a show with winning in mind. We have even joked about making the corps as good as we can get it then going to "Burning Man" instead and just send a picture of us flipping everyone off to DCA instead, and that would not be too far off from our general all around attitude. That doesn't mean we are just going to lie down and take it either. We are always willing to take on a challenge.

Finally , what we can't make up for in term of sheer entertainment and G Bugles. Well that's what the heck copious amounts of liquor are for!!

See ya on the 50 yard line.

Edited by taters

I am going to speak for myself and not for the corps. However, I think a lot of people feel we are going to go out and do what we are going to do because we love it. We do a show because we like the way it makes us and hopefully the audience feel. Do we want to win ...sure...do we see that we are at a decided advantage...yep. However, I think the staff designs a show with winning in mind. We have even joked about making the corps as good as we can get it then going to "Burning Man" instead and just send a picture of us flipping everyone off to DCA instead, and that would not be too far off from our general all around attitude. That doesn't mean we are just going to lie down and take it either. We are always willing to take on a challenge.

Finally , what we can't make up for in term of sheer entertainment and G Bugles. Well that's what the heck copious amounts of liquor are for!!

See ya on the 50 yard line.

Remember not to take comments on DCP personally. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is not meant to take a shot at the Renegades; in fact far from it. What the corps has managed to bring to DCA over the past 7 years has been nothing short of amazing, refreshing and entertaining. But most would have to agree that the corps has not been as clean as the eventual winner. Again, it's no disrespect... only one corps can win each year (with the obvious exception being another tie).

Kilties scored a 70.375 in their first show last night. Puts them in the hunt.

Great job guys and gals ! ! !

As a member of the 2009 Renegades Drum & Bugle Corps, I have prepared the following statement:

There's no such thing as bad publicity :blink:

Best of luck to all the corps out there working our ##### off to give the crowd the best possible shows we are all capable of. Even though we all march in our own separate corps, I do tend to think of DCA as the one LARGER corps, the BIG picture of which we all are part of. Looking forward to seeing many of my eastern friends at Finals again this year!

P.S. I LOVE Rochester!

Kilties scored a 70.375 in their first show last night. Puts them in the hunt.

Great job guys and gals ! ! !

Where did this info come from??

Where did this info come from??

On the DCI website.

DCI Scores

As a member of the 2009 Renegades Drum & Bugle Corps, I have prepared the following statement:

There's no such thing as bad publicity :blink:

Best of luck to all the corps out there working our ##### off to give the crowd the best possible shows we are all capable of. Even though we all march in our own separate corps, I do tend to think of DCA as the one LARGER corps, the BIG picture of which we all are part of. Looking forward to seeing many of my eastern friends at Finals again this year!

P.S. I LOVE Rochester!

:worthy:

Oh sure! :blink:

Consider yourself STOMPED there big guy! :worthy:

Never one to stir things up right Rich? :doh:

Pat

Remember not to take comments on DCP personally. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is not meant to take a shot at the Renegades; in fact far from it. What the corps has managed to bring to DCA over the past 7 years has been nothing short of amazing, refreshing and entertaining. But most would have to agree that the corps has not been as clean as the eventual winner. Again, it's no disrespect... only one corps can win each year (with the obvious exception being another tie).

Not offended...I have much thicker skin that that. I am just trying to explain my Personal opinion on why things are the way they are. True we may not be as clean, or as young as some of our competitors, and from a competition point we are at a decided disadvantage. However, it doesn't mean we cannot be in the hunt because what we lack in some areas we make up in fierce competitiveness and heart. also I think some peeps will be surprised in a good way at this year's show