Pioneer 2009

I see Pioneer placing 20th this year, passing up both Cascades and Jersey Surf (loooong down time of no competitions will likely hurt them I think). I don't think they can catch PC or Mandarins though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be....but the fact that Pioneer had 10 year vets in the corps when I marched should say something.

There are power vets in every corps that will never march anywhere else. I have no idea what their year to year retention rate is, but that would be the # to look at, not necessarily a couple hard corps vets with double digit years.

Edited by BozzlyB

No way Surf loses to Pioneer.

I actually agree with this, but Surf's show definitely surprised me, and not in a great way. The design didn't seem quite as challenging and thorough as I'd expect from other WC corps. They have a lot of work to do if they want to make the stretch to semi's.

Also, I feel like people are forgetting that one year that the Cascades debuted in the low 60s and hung around there for a LONG time. They bounced back fairly strong towards the end beating Esperanza and Pacific Crest, who both dominated them on July 1st (PC 69.30, Esperanza 64.40, Cascades 61.40), and Magic, who beat them at a few points in the season. Not saying that's the case this year, but it may be too soon to count out any one particular corps.

Edited by Musicman1084

No way Surf loses to Pioneer.

You may be right, as it won't be easy. But I don't think it is impossible:

Scores from each corps last performance:

Jersey Surf, on July 6th: 69.8

Pioneer, on July 3rd: 66.5

Pioneer is going to have 7 more judged performances before Murfreesboro which is the next judged show for Jersey Surf.

So I just got back from Pioneer's mid-season everydays practice today, before their final push for Finals.

All I can say is:

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

Everyone needs to be ready for them for the second half of the season!!

If they put on their show in Broken Arrow, like their end of the day run-through today, things will be very interesting!!!

I haven't seen them for about a week and a half, the changes (both drill and musically) along with visual additions are awesome and clean!!! This is no World Class Corps doing a Marching Band drill/show like others. The drill and music is difficult and they are doing a GREAT job cleaning it and performing it. Hats off to the staff for doing such a challenging show and instructing the kids to perform it!!

This IS a new Pioneer. This show, and these kids are putting it on the field!!!

Watch-Out Indy, from Milwaukee Wisconsin..........................PIONEER!!!

Edited by 80s Cavalier

I saw them in West Des Moines, and they were dang good. This is by far the best group Pio has had in years.

Well if I ruin this topic by posting im sorry but here goes, Yes I thiink they will pull out of last place, because as you say theyve gotten bigger, and in my view they have somethin to prove that they wont sit in last place forever. They have a goal and a mental attitude I assume, though I do find them fun to watch