Double Standard

It's a really simple answer, and I'm surprised no one posted this before me. so, without any further dealy, here is the answer:

West Coast rules, Midwest drools, and East is Least. But, hey, Indy beats the heck out of Jackson!

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well DCI West is the largest show on the west coast for the entire season.

And yes, the west coast corps are more important. Maybe that's why DCI gives the west coast corps an advantage by giving them one finals location since DCI started. And if you're counting, that's still one behind Canada. Concerning the Midwest, they have had the most finals locations, DCI headquarters is located there, and they signed the deal to have finals there for the most consecutive years ever. Now I'm not really upset about any of that to be honest. I don't go on boards claiming DCI has a bias against west coast corps. DCI did what they had to do, and it was smart for them to do so. I just get a chuckle when I hear people say DCI treats west coast corps better. Boy would it be nice to have finals in your own region 8 out of 10 years though.

Being a Midwest homer I have to agree. Much as I hate to. lol

I blame the Bavarian Illuminati and the Freemasons ...

HAHAHA

Too funny!

i can't believe a Mid-West DCI fan would actually complain about ANYTHING... the West Coast almost ALWAYS gets the short end of the stick. we have to travel the furthest, get the least amount of shows, and have (probably) THE hottest weather to deal w/. Anyone whos ever had a show in AZ, NM, or NorCal will agree w me.

I thought the Freemasons started BOA? :thumbup:

So - seriously -

Do you really think the number of judges (5 vs. 8) - or more appropriately, the slight differences in the scoring systems using 5 vs. 8 - is going to change the ultimate outcome (either the ranking or the rating) of the corps on the field for this one night?

In other words, do you think that the Blue Devils would have scored something significantly different than 80.85?

Do you think that BK would have beaten Bluecoats or that Bluecoats would have caught SCV?

In Open Class, would VK have jumped up over Vanguard Cadets or BDB?

As for feedback to the corps, in the first week or so of the season, do you really need a field judge saying "your feet are dirty"? Isn't that a given at this point in the season?

Maybe not a "significant" difference, but the addition of color guard adjudication seemed to pull SCV a little closer to BD and a little farther away from BC. They were only down by .2 to BD and up a full point over BC in that caption. Overall they were .5 closer to BD and .6 further from BC from the previous night.

Wow guys, the answer is simple. Regionals have full panels. DCI West was a regional. Normal was not.

Therefore, but the Duh's Law:

DCI West -> Full panel

Normal -> Not a full panel

</thread>

Edited by MagicBobert

i can't believe a Mid-West DCI fan would actually complain about ANYTHING... the West Coast almost ALWAYS gets the short end of the stick. we have to travel the furthest, get the least amount of shows, and have (probably) THE hottest weather to deal w/. Anyone whos ever had a show in AZ, NM, or NorCal will agree w me.

I was with you 'till you got to the weather part. Troy Alabama anyone?