Double Standard

I was just looking at the recap from the Stanford show and noticed that they had the full slate of judges at this show. DCI just held a major show in Normal, IL the night before and only used the early-season 5 judge panel. Is there something special about the west coast participants, so they get the advantage of the extra judges' comments and input? Or is it just DCI saying that the west coast events are more important than the midwest and east coast shows?

Any gifted insight would be appreciated.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The judging pannel was West Coast Inflated.

Ith a conthpirathy I tell ya! :thumbup:

Stanford was a regional (DCI West), correct? Maybe that's why. Anyway, who cares? It's only the second weekend of shows!

I would say that we are getting a true accessment from the west and not so much from the other parts of the country. I have noticed several contest where they have been very short on Judges. I've also seen Judges not focusing on their area of expertise. With cut backs this is normal I would expect things to tighten up at San Antonio.

Edited by Phantombari1

But, you do have to admit, it is an interesting question.

Edited by JT76

Stanford was a regional (DCI West), correct? Maybe that's why.

Probably right, but so was the show IL.

Considering that west coast audience is only accessible to the early season competition, special treatment for the West is well deserved.

You could say that hosting Championship in Indianapolis for the next decade is the biggest double standard. That really matters. It definitely benefits Midwestern fans and corps, me included.

Edited by watersling

Aha! So it is a conthpirathy!

Maybe it's what someone said on DCP during the Stanford show. Maybe full panel judging started last night

Well DCI West is the largest show on the west coast for the entire season.

And yes, the west coast corps are more important. Maybe that's why DCI gives the west coast corps an advantage by giving them one finals location since DCI started. And if you're counting, that's still one behind Canada. Concerning the Midwest, they have had the most finals locations, DCI headquarters is located there, and they signed the deal to have finals there for the most consecutive years ever. Now I'm not really upset about any of that to be honest. I don't go on boards claiming DCI has a bias against west coast corps. DCI did what they had to do, and it was smart for them to do so. I just get a chuckle when I hear people say DCI treats west coast corps better. Boy would it be nice to have finals in your own region 8 out of 10 years though.