Double Standard

I was with you 'till you got to the weather part. Troy Alabama anyone?

unfortunately, i never had any South East shows...so, im sorry. wouldnt know. i'm sure the heat/humidity is pretty bad there

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, i never had any South East shows...so, im sorry. wouldnt know. i'm sure the heat/humidity is pretty bad there

Lot of that going on around these here parts... :thumbup:

i can't believe a Mid-West DCI fan would actually complain about ANYTHING... the West Coast almost ALWAYS gets the short end of the stick. we have to travel the furthest, get the least amount of shows, and have (probably) THE hottest weather to deal w/. Anyone whos ever had a show in AZ, NM, or NorCal will agree w me.

I'm glad you put that little disclaimer in there because you had me up to that point. Being a twice transplanted native Californian, I'll be the last to complain about weather. Although the Central Valley, AZ and NM can get Africa hot, it has nothing on the south and the east coast when you toss in the heat+humidity! It's a good thing San Antonio is inside but the 4 shows in Dallas and Houston in the middle of July are going to be just a bit sticky to say the least.

I'm glad you put that little disclaimer in there because you had me up to that point. Being a twice transplanted native Californian, I'll be the last to complain about weather. Although the Central Valley, AZ and NM can get Africa hot, it has nothing on the south and the east coast when you toss in the heat+humidity! It's a good thing San Antonio is inside but the 4 shows in Dallas and Houston in the middle of July are going to be just a bit sticky to say the least.

Yep. I will never go to a DCI event in the south or southern east coast ever again. Just miserable.

[edit: Move along. The post you were looking for is not here]

Edited by skajerk

Well DCI West is the largest show on the west coast for the entire season.

And yes, the west coast corps are more important. Maybe that's why DCI gives the west coast corps an advantage by giving them one finals location since DCI started. And if you're counting, that's still one behind Canada. Concerning the Midwest, they have had the most finals locations, DCI headquarters is located there, and they signed the deal to have finals there for the most consecutive years ever. Now I'm not really upset about any of that to be honest. I don't go on boards claiming DCI has a bias against west coast corps. DCI did what they had to do, and it was smart for them to do so. I just get a chuckle when I hear people say DCI treats west coast corps better. Boy would it be nice to have finals in your own region 8 out of 10 years though.

Just curious, so how many times have finals been on the east coast?

i can't believe a Mid-West DCI fan would actually complain about ANYTHING... the West Coast almost ALWAYS gets the short end of the stick. we have to travel the furthest, get the least amount of shows, and have (probably) THE hottest weather to deal w/. Anyone whos ever had a show in AZ, NM, or NorCal will agree w me.

Apparently you have never experienced the deep south - Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia - hot and HUMID!!

Another thing that has happened the last two years (don't yet know about this year) is that the judging panels have mistakenly used the same sheets and scoring for Open Class as they did for World (which was not supposed to be the case).

Just curious, so how many times have finals been on the east coast?

If memory serves me correct I think DCI finals/nats have been held out east 8 or 9 times. In the states of MA, NY, PA, and MD.

1. Bluecoats, Blue Knights, and Troopers are not from the West Coast

2. The judging panel was not a full panel. A full panel would have to Percussion judges, if you want to be technical.

3. The Stanford show was the first PAID webcast.

4. Ohh... us West Coasters are just sooo spoiled! We have to pay WAY more to travel, WAY more for living expenses, WAY more for time (traveling takes forever sometimes)...

:)