Criticisms of Carolina Crown

On second thought, I think I hate all honks. And this thread. And Mountain Dew.

I agree with the Mountain Dew thing...I mean, what's up with that? Mountain Dew pretty much is the amplified vocals of sodas.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been noticing people criticizing Crown on DCP the past few years. To get it all in one place, because I think it's an interesting topic, what are some of your criticisms of the corps and their shows in recent years?

the uniforms worn by the Carolina Crown Guard, particularly the male members of the Guard, look like something about to be auctioned off from Michael Jackson's Neverland.

Other than that, there is not much to be critical of re. Carolina Crown.

They were the first corps to march 16 tubas!

They most certainly were not.

:ph34r: I like them. I have always enjoyed every show they have put on the field. Triple Crown was cheese but it was fun cheese and I loved it. They have a hornline with cahones, an excellent guard, and their percussion has improved immensely. Last years show was great music and a great thrill to watch.

:unhappy: I don't get this years show, nor do I care for the music (except for Promise of Living which isn't even really in the show). In fairness, I have only seen it on line. I think they are trying to raise the sophistication level (which GE judges have probably dinged them on) and it seems that it is trying to be brainy, just for the sake of being brainy.

Like has been mentioned, I just don't get the hype. I agree that has more to do with their honks then them.

I do think they have the stuff to eventually win a championship. I just don't see that this year.

Kind of like mozarella cheese on a piping hot pizza from a Giordano's (Chicago) deep dish...

Okay, please enlighten those of us who don't know . . .

I don't know if these guys were the first ones, but corps marched 16 contras/tubas as far back as 1992 Star of Indiana.

They most certainly were not.

Sorry....I must be mistaken...which corps marched 16 tubas back in the 128 days?

Well, Crowns marching is not the best but I love their hornline, its always amazing to hear how it sounds, 80 man if I remember correctly. Im a trumpet so I always love the high harmony there is, and I like seeing alll the jazz running they do. Ive never seen them in person before I plan to when they come to murfreesboro, but whenever I hear them on the internet they are siginifigantly louder and more powerful sounding. im a bit one sided on this deal since im a crown fan but eh? what can you do?

On second thought, I think I hate all honks. And this thread. And Mountain Dew.

Try Mountain Dew Throwback... :unhappy:

Honks sometimes grow up!

Sorry....I must be mistaken...which corps marched 16 tubas back in the 128 days?

Star 1992.