Habanero Hot In Houston

Ok, here's an honest queston for the Crownies on here. I am in the business of designing and making costumes. Mostly for figure skaters, ice shows, dancers, etc. etc., But I do do theatre groups, and small ensembles also.

Honestly....when you saw the choice of green, and the tinkerbell, peterpan, and "grass strings" did you immediately like it, or did it have to take some explainations so you got it. Really, I honestly want to know. I'm not joking, or being rude. As a business person, I really want to know.....Honest answer, please.

well i sort of heard the story arc before i saw the costumes so i can't answer your question. i will say when i first saw the effect of all that green in a performance i immediately "got it" and heard lots of comments from people who were affected in the right way and didnt' even realize it ("wow -- that green -- were crowns designers on drugs? " which to me clearly indicated that the effect worked even on jaded HNC fans).

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Great job Blue Stars. It is close enough that we may see some corps trading places during the next few days, but beating Phantom for the first time since 1975 is a hell of accomplishment for a corps that was DII just four years ago.

QUOTE (anniem @ Jul 16 2009, 11:27 PM)

I think thats the point, a loose interpretation. Not following the Oz theme to the letter. A fantasy world in general- Peter Pan. Chessmen. Tinkerbell. Princesses. Faeries. One thing I like about the show is noticing new stuff every time I see it.

EXACTLY!!!! :biggrin::tongue:

Why thank you Contra Mom. BTW, thats my kid on the left side of your banner...

Man, this is exciting, big goings on for two of the corps I am pulling for this summer. Blue Stars beat defending champions--nothing against Phantom, but that has to be an enormous hype for the kids. I know 2 of them! Of course, goes without saying that for me it is so so good to see HNC on top.

It's about time Holy Name!

For Holy Name Shall Always Be! ..but look how close the two (CC) still are. What a great ..entertaining ..exciting season. God. To be young again and out there with them. Thrilling stuff. Love being a drum corps geek again. Thanks you all for letting me play. Blessings.

FHNSAB!!!!

and YAY!!! Glassmen broke 80 Yippeee!!!!

Edited by KellyfromMich

Heehee "bout bloody time:)

Edited by wallace

Wow! Can we say build excitement for the first big regional. :biggrin:

I'm just sayin, but I love it!

Blue Stars over Phantom - Really!?!? - Very interesting.

I never thought Phantom would drop this far and congrats to Blue Stars for catching them! Just shows that if you don't birng your A game each season, the competitive is too fierce nowadays and thereis alwasy someone wiating behind you to catch up.

On a side note, I am worried for Phantom. I spoke to a few students there today and they seemed mentally and physically worn out. I donlt know what's going on, but am worried for the kids. Nothing lifewise, just drum corps mentality. Nothing against the other corps, but with the talent in that group coming off a championship season, this should NEVER happen..

Looks like a fight for 8th place with 3 corps right now... WOW!