San Antonio, Texas!

BAC ..... got the Corn Cob on the dark side tonight................

Edited by greenland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you can tell by my screen name I'm biased, but anyone else thing BAC got screwed having to go before intermission? I think anyone who has ever been a part of a judged activity like this would agree that when you're in a tight race, you never want to be grouped with ensembles that are "slotted" lower than your competition. Looks like being seeded 9th coming into San Antonio may have cost Boston a few tenths.

Any other thoughts?

On another note...wasn't able to hear the commentary tonight. Who did Boston? I'm guessing Jay Kennedy was involved? Were there others?

nm.

Edited by BRASSO

Please where your Troopers t shirt on August 7th, kthnxbai!

It's officially superstition for me now. So yeah.... The shirt will be donned. I'm not even gonna wash it. :shutup:

It is but El Paso is the only major city in Mountain Time Zone.

Mountain Time starts just west of Van Horn, TX. And thanks for recognizing El Paso as a major city in TEXAS. There are folks who think we are in Mexico or New Mexico...LOL.

To each his/her own, I guess.

I don't see it from Cadets or Crown.

Cadets perform like gods/goddesses, but I think the designers took a snooze this year, in terms of designing a show that really embraced the theme in thoughtful ways. Blue flags during "Cool"? A WSS story show that doesn't really try to engage the narrative of WSS (done already, I know, but I'd have preferred something less ambiguous)? A "Conflict/Resolution" show that really comes down to green flags vs. red?

-- All of this on the heels of decade that gave us samurai, race horses, Spartacus, tightrope walkers, Alice in Wonderland...? Maybe, for me, it's that the Cadets have a show that pales in comparison to what other corps have given us so far this century. I'm all for a traditional show, but some shows that are more traditional in their thematic approach at least do this in more invigorating ways (007, Phenomenon of Cool, Jethro Tull).

Cadets 04 was invigorating?

Anyway, I think you're simplifying the show a bit too much. There are many symbols of conflict in the show: competing melodies, manic changes in mood, dueling color guard, split ensemble groups...Cool is inherently an internal conflict piece....there is intensity, joy, love, panic, release... They don't have to run and jump over each other, paw at the ground every 2 minutes and narrate a horse race, kill people on the field, run around randomly on the field, and narrate a tea party while flying off pink tables to be effective.

Agreed. Troopers are not performing, executing, and putting in the hard work to beat the Colts, who obviously are doing all those things. And everything the Colts do is perfect, from the uniforms they wear, to their DM and the way he carries himself during retreat.

(Do you see how ridiculous you sound?)

My My My...did we wake up on the wrong side of the crib today??? Mellow out, dude. The original comment did not warrent your nuclear response. The Troop DM thing was a bit excessive, wouldnt you agree?

No way! That's one tradition I hope NEVER goes away! They were doing back when I marched and I hope they keep it going for years to come!

Right. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now.

How about if Troopers adopt a tradition of excellence, instead of a tradition of slowness?

The Troop DM thing was a bit excessive, wouldnt you agree?

No.

Right. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now.

Incorrect.