Reindeer Games Between BD and Cavies

no big deal to some is a big deal to others...

one man's holy cow is another's quarter pounder with cheese.

fwiw, if I was the Cadet with that moron at my feet, I would've stepped on him, or kicked him in the face. Luckily that Cadet had more composure than I would have. On the other hand, everyone on DCP wants old school drum corps, right?

exactly and how most people here dont appreciate the change in drum corps sounds. all people want is MORE MORE MORE and no quality. you should be trying to sound like you would sitting down correct because I think we can all agree that is how you make the BEST sounds. then why is it we accept anything worse than that just because we are marching.

the same corps that take retreat so seriously every year dont always treat musicality with that same respect. my two cents.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the same corps that take retreat so seriously every year dont always treat musicality with that same respect. my two cents.

And you base that on...

I can only guess that someone who would do such a thing probably wasn't very well-liked by the other corps members anyway.

Sucks to be him.

like 'last year's champion' seriously?? or like the '9 time DCI Champs' seriously?? enlighten me... because both are two of a handful of corps that bring the 'serious' approach to retreat, and sound pretty good from where i'm sitting.

Not one to spread rumors but it has happened again this year! Last year the Cavies (not sure which venue) did their annual "streaking" of BD. Didn't end so well as it was rumored that as they rounded the corner after streaking past the buses, they ran smack into staff and some BD alumni - ouch! :unsure:

This year, not to be outdone, while in Denver (post performance) one of the Cavies decided to steal a BD uniform out of the uniform truck (possibly a rite of passage for a rookie). It was discovered, the Director graciously apologized (as did the dubious thief) and it is rumored that one young Cavie is no more! Ah...youth and it's extraordinary insanity. :whistle:

Apparently, you are one to spread rumors.

Edited by jpaul

ugh

Completely agree, the entire corps should have been sent home after retreat.

Not for anything (and maybe I missed your sarcasm) but.. it was finals retreat.. the entire corps WAS sent home after retreat.

Wasn't everybody?

Stef